This is one of the world's top algorithmic trading firms, where their high performance compute cluster is the heart of the business. A community of self-starters from multiple tech backgrounds - maths, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering - they have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development.
They are seeking enthusiastic software engineers to help them improve their compute cluster and ensure it's the best in the industry.
To achieve this, you'll work closely with storage, ML and strategy experts to set direction and implement it. You'll be responsible for anticipating what the algo developers will need and putting in place strategies that meet those needs. You will also evaluate developments in the HPC landscape, applying new technologies where appropriate. Requirements
- 3-5+ years of working with large compute clusters
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or related field)
- C++ experience is essential; Python would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of UNIX operating systems
- Skilled communicator; comfortable implementing your own ideas, particularly at POC
- Strong debugging and problem-solving abilities in complicated distributed compute environments and using large data sets
- Market-leading salary + bonuses + generous benefits package
- Truly flat management structure, with no red tape
- Friendly culture where everyone's ideas are encouraged and celebrated
- Feel valued and be rewarded for your hard work where coding is front and centre
If this sounds like you or you'd like to know more, please get in touch: Dan Hampton