With 24 million customers across six countries, Sky is Europe's leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 32,000 employees help connect our customers to the very best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own local, original content.
Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, we plan to double our investment in original content by 2024. We're also developing a new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which is expected to lead to the creation of over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in UK creative sector in the first five years alone.
Our technology allows Sky customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want and connects millions of people to content they love. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. We recently announced a series of commitments to help tackle racial injustice and improve diversity and inclusion. To ensure the commitments are delivered, Sky will invest £10million per year across its markets for each of the next three years. We're committed to being Europe's first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 - two decades before we have to - and we're an inclusive employer recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity.
*About the role:*
Senior Site Reliability Engineering is an engineering discipline that combines software, infrastructure and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Our engineers are responsible for ensuring our services are resilient, responsive and have service uptime appropriate to our customers' needs while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. In addition, we continually strive to improve our services in a fast-paced environment.
We build our own creative engineering solutions to operational problems. We consider the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, using a breadth of tools and approaches to solving a wide spectrum of problems. In our day-to-day work, we use automation to limit time spent on operational work and we proactively identify potential risk factors and convert them into actionable improvements.
* Continuous development, improvement and administration of our Java-based tools/applications and automation test framework, while adhering to industry standard software development practices.
* Design, create and deliver infrastructure, code or services to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our internal or customer-facing services
* Writing fast, automated integration and end-to-end tests in Java to provide quick feedback to software development teams and integration partners and ensuring that the test suite is up-to-date with relevant tests
* Be part of a team that contributes and creates new designs, architectures and standards for large-scale distributed systems
* Troubleshooting and problem solving
* Contribute to the stability and security of the environment
* Communicate work status regularly with a clear articulation of design choices along the way
* Strong Java/Python programming skills - experience and strong ability of agile, test-driven software development.
* CI/CD (create jobs and build pipelines in e.g. Jenkins/ Concourse/ GoCD/ gitlab-ci)
* Test frameworks: Cucumber, Cucumber-JVM, SOAPUI, TestNG/Junit, Jmeter, Gatling
* Container Orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/ Swarm/ Mesos)
* Microservice architecture / immutable infrastructure / Infrastructure as Code
* Cloud Platforms (deploying and automation within at least one of e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure.
* Private pension
* Flexible working (hybrid model)
* Bonus scheme
* Dental Insurance
* Cycle to Work
* Holiday Buy
* Telephone call with Recruiters/Sourcers
* 45 mins call with Hiring Managers
* 90 mins Video Call with the senior team members, technical interview
Java, Python, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Automated TestingJava, Python, CI/CD, Jenkins, Cucumber, JUnit, Gatling, Kubernetes, Microservices, AWS, Azure, GCP