MVF is an award-winning customer generation business supplying some of the world's leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 40 countries. In 2020 we were ranked 1st in the UK in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For List, and even won a special award for our commitment to our people's learning and development.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients' growth by building the world's most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world-class teams. We want you to help us get there!
*About the role:*
This role offers the opportunity to work in an agile team where you can contribute to the whole development life cycle: planning, design, implementation, testing, documentation deployment, and maintenance. You will play a leading role in creating and consolidating the recommendation widgets (and widget builders) of our team's core product-a marketing platform with a CPC revenue model.
Our London-based team is made up of five wonderfully skilled individuals from all over the world-Brazil, The Netherlands, Scotland, South Africa, and Sri Lanka. Our roles include Front-End and Back-End Engineers, a Lead Engineer, and an Engineering Manager. We're a diverse team and we're proud of our inclusive culture. Everyone is welcome.
We collaborate closely with our Product Manager to build our products. We work hard and we love to share our knowledge with, and to learn from, all the other MVF tech teams-that's why we encourage participation in our Tech Guild and Architecture meetings.
* Code-build new features, improve tech, fix bugs, and reduce tech debt
* Collaborate-participate in standup, planning, and retrospective
* Coach-upskill teammates and likewise learn from others
* Drive to be world class-champion best practices; advocate sensible testing; consider the value, risk, and long-term support of code
* Work smart&deliver fast-thrive in a collaborative team where discussion is encouraged; facilitate the planning and execution of work with the team to deliver quality work on time
* Love innovation-love learning; implement new technologies and methodologies (but be OK with supporting older projects and contributing to a healthy codebase)
* Help others succeed-find ways to share your knowledge with others
* Earn trust-communicate clearly and respectfully with your team and non-technical stakeholders; be helpful and honest
* Inspire positivity-present solutions rather than problems
* Create applications/components using React
* Contribute to back-end codebases (Node.js / PHP)
* Write unit/functional tests
* Write good documentation and architecture diagrams
* Use GIT effectively
* Use command line comfortably
* You will have a direct impact on all MVFers, every client we work with and every customer we generate.
* Focus on your growth- we hold growth conversations where we discuss your future goals and work with you to create a plan to help you get there. We run award winning internal training courses and you'll have £1000 per year to spend on your professional development
* You will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and improve on a daily basis. You will have 10% time to work on personal projects that you feel might benefit MVF the most
* A plethora of free health&wellbeing clubs which we have been running remotely
* The opportunity to be part of our award-winning company