With 24 million customers across six countries, Sky is Europe's leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 32,000 employees help connect our customers to the very best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own local, original content.
Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, we plan to double our investment in original content by 2024. We're also developing a new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which is expected to lead to the creation of over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in UK creative sector in the first five years alone.
Our technology allows Sky customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want and connects millions of people to content they love. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. We recently announced a series of commitments to help tackle racial injustice and improve diversity and inclusion. To ensure the commitments are delivered, Sky will invest £10million per year across its markets for each of the next three years. We're committed to being Europe's first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 - two decades before we have to - and we're an inclusive employer recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity.
* Develop excellent quality software
* Participate in the full software lifecycle, including support and continuous integration.
* Contribute to the technical direction of the team
* Provide guidance and mentoring to other developers on the team
* Share and generate new ideas, provide constructive and useful feedback to peers
* Quickly build prototypes and work with top brains in ML across the industry
* You are a very confident AWS architect and software developer - this is a must
* Previous experience and willingness to lead, guide and mentor the dev team.
* Full-stack skills with knowledge of React - not critical but is highly beneficial
* Restless attitude and a drive to always make things better and quicker
* Passion for technology and a fast pace of delivery, Experience designing software for scale and high availability and working with CI/CD in an agile team.
* Private pension
* Flexible working (hybrid model)
* Bonus scheme
* Dental Insurance
* Cycle to Work
* Holiday Buy
* Telephone call with Recruiters/Sourcers
* 45 mins call with Hiring Managers
* 90 mins Video Call with the senior team members, technical interview