With 24 million customers across six countries, Sky is Europe's leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 32,000 employees help connect our customers to the very best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own local, original content.
Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, we plan to double our investment in original content by 2024. We're also developing a new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which is expected to lead to the creation of over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in UK creative sector in the first five years alone.
Our technology allows Sky customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want and connects millions of people to content they love. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. We recently announced a series of commitments to help tackle racial injustice and improve diversity and inclusion. To ensure the commitments are delivered, Sky will invest £10million per year across its markets for each of the next three years. We're committed to being Europe's first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 - two decades before we have to - and we're an inclusive employer recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity.
*About the role:*
The opportunity would see you join the SkyGo Desktop / Big Screen (Consoles/ SMART TV) Client software development team, which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Sky Go platform and associated clients. Together we use cutting edge, highly scalable, technology to delight our customers with online services, which allow them to consume Sky content online, and on numerous hardware platforms.
We are working on one of the strategic projects of sky to expand globally and this is an exciting opportunity to join the highly subscribed Sky Go Desktop / Big Screen (Consoles/ SMART TV) app development team, where we use innovative, cutting edge, highly scalable technology to produce app that delight our customers.
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
* Influence the technical direction of the team from a design and technology stack point of view.
* Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed and performed at scale
* Champion and coach peers in software development best practices and best of breed technology.
* Work with a self-organising and cross functional agile team using techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD).
* Take an active role in user story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with acceptance criteria.
* Participate in regular showcases of new work to the our product owners and other business stakeholders.
* Strive for continuous improvement within the self-regulated team, mentor peers and associates working in cross functional feature teams.
* Help pull together project plans through estimations.
*Qualifications: *It is essential that you can immediately add value to our team and be able to contribute to our team's velocity from day one. Therefore we think it is essential that you have knowledge and experience of as many of the following items as possible:
* At Least 3-4 Years developing production grade front end applications with TypeScript and ReactJS for Xbox ideally.
* Experience of taking a senior or lead role on the development of complex frontend applications, that are highly robust, transactional and performant.
* Knowledge and experience of a wide range of open source and commercial technologies
* HTML 5&CSS 3. Multiple DRM solutions
* Experience of software development for high quality, high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems /desktop apps
* Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
* RESTful web services (JSON / XML)
* Web application architectures and designs
* Experience within agile frameworks and practices; Scrum, Kanban or Scrum-ban
* User stories & Continuous Integration/Deployment
* Paired Programming, AB Testing
* Experience with Application Lifecycle Management Tools
* Jira and Confluence (or similar), Jenkins (or similar), Github (or similar)
* JS build tools - Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, NPM scripts
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences
* Responsive design
* Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
* Experience with large content/video management systems
* Experience of web based video technologies (VOD/Linear Streaming)
* Private pension
* Flexible working (hybrid model)
* Bonus scheme
* Dental Insurance
* Cycle to Work
* Holiday Buy
* Telephone call with Recruiters/Sourcers
* 45 mins call with Hiring Managers
* 90 mins Video Call with the senior team members, technical interview
Typescript, React, HTML5/CSS3, Angular, Node.jsTypescript, React, HTML5/CSS3, TDD, APIs, REST, Jenkins, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Enzyme