With 24 million customers across six countries, Sky is Europe's leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 32,000 employees help connect our customers to the very best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own local, original content.
Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, we plan to double our investment in original content by 2024. We're also developing a new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which is expected to lead to the creation of over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in UK creative sector in the first five years alone.
Our technology allows Sky customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want and connects millions of people to content they love. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. We recently announced a series of commitments to help tackle racial injustice and improve diversity and inclusion. To ensure the commitments are delivered, Sky will invest £10million per year across its markets for each of the next three years. We're committed to being Europe's first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 - two decades before we have to - and we're an inclusive employer recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity.
*About the role:*
Join our new team! Build innovative applications using AI/ML to make new products that will be the future of media. We have a number of projects to work that all share the same goal: use AI/ML techniques to improve aspects of media consumption.
The Innovation and AI team's mission is to differentiate the Sky experience by making it more personal, more interactive and more engaging than ever before. As one of the first permanent team members you will have an awesome opportunity to join a speedboat environment and enable new ways for our customers to discover and enjoy the amazing content that Sky offers.
One of the projects we have recently launched creates a new experience for sports fans - personalised game highlights. We have a system set up for football and cricket, and we want to extend it to support multiple sport types in the near future. Another example is related to performing content analysis on our movies and entertainment programs where we need to detect and record various semantic entities and events to drive workflow automation and content discovery. There is more in the pipeline and the roadmap is growing every week!
* Develop excellent quality software
* Participate in the full software lifecycle, including support and continuous integration
* Contribute to the technical direction of the team
* Provide guidance and mentoring to other developers on the team
* Share and generate new ideas, provide constructive and useful feedback to peers
* Work with internal Sky teams, external vendors and colleagues in Comcast in the US
* Quickly build prototypes and work with top brains in ML across the industry
* You are a very confident AWS software developer - this is a must (AWS certification is a bonus)
* Proven ability to refactor and write performant, secure and clean code
* Expertise in working and following the best practices of using AWS Lambda functions
* Knowledge of the event driven architecture and serverless framework
* Experience in other serverless applications development using DynamoDB, and API Gateway (Good to have)
* It will be nice if you have experience working with Python, React, Lambda, Serverless Framework, DynamoDB, S3, AppSync/GraphQL, API Gateway, Step Functions etc
* Restless attitude and a drive to always make things better and quicker
* Passion for technology and a fast pace of delivery
* Experience working with CI/CD in an agile team
* Private pension
* Flexible working (hybrid model)
* Bonus scheme
* Dental Insurance
* Cycle to Work
* Holiday Buy
* Telephone call with Recruiters/Sourcers
* 45 mins call with Hiring Managers
* 90 mins Video Call with the senior team members, technical interview