Job Title: PMLD Teaching Assistant
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Salary: £75- £85 per day
Start Date: September 2021
GSL Education are currently recruiting for a PMLD Teaching Assistant to work within a Special Needs School in York, from September 2021. This is a flexible position, with part-time and full-time availability considered.
Our Client School provides education for young people aged 4-11 years old with a range of special education needs, from PMLD to ASC. The School provides a nurturing and friendly environment, where children and respected, valued and supported.
As a PMLD Teaching Assistant, you will:
· Provide tailored 1:1 support under the direction of the Class Teacher
· Support with sensory-based activities to encourage motor neuron skills
· Promote independence where possible
· Stimulate and engage pupils through the delivery of effective activities
· Work collectively with School staff and outside agencies to ensure Educational Health Care Plan outcomes are met
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
· Have at least 6 months experience supporting children or adults with PMLD or complex needs
· Have training in Moving and Handling, PEG Feeding and Behaviour Management
· Be experienced using PECs and Makaton to communicate
· Hold a Child Only DBS registered to the Update Service, or be willing to apply for one with GSL Education
If you are a caring, friendly, and patient educator and have the relevant experience, we would like to hear from you!
To apply, please call Kerry Fowler at GSL Education and submit your CV via the application link. Alternatively, please visit (url removed) to apply online