Job Title: Speech, Language and Communication Needs Teaching Assistant
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary: £60- £70 per day
Start Date: ASAP / September 2021
Do you have experience supporting young people with speech, language and communication needs? Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? If so, GSL Education Hull would love to hear from you!
GSL education Hull is seeking a full time Teaching Assistant to work within a Special Needs School in the East Riding of Yorkshire, approximately 10 miles from the centre of Hull.
Our Client School values children as individuals and treats them with dignity and respect. They practice a wide range of learning experiences to promote academic and social skills.
The Job Role:
· To support pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis, using PECs and Makaton to communicate
· To assist in educational-based activities, games, and therapies
· Encourage participation in activities such as tailor-made board games, memory games, speaking and listening through narrative resources and simple story telling
· Work closely with teaching staff to plan and assess progress
· Review pupil progress and development in conjunction with their Education Health Care Plan
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
· Have a Level 2 Teaching Assistant, SEND or Learning Support Qualification
· Have experience using PECs, Makaton or BSL to communicate
· Have at least 6 months experience supporting young people with special educational needs
· Support a Quality First Teaching Strategy
· Hold a Child Only DBS registered to the Update Service, or be willing to apply for one with GSL Education
To apply for the position of SLCN Teaching Assistant, please submit your CV via the application or call Kerry Fowler or Bekkie Barker at GSL Education Hull. Alternatively, please visit (url removed) to apply online