Supply Chain Leader
My client is a Global Leader in the design and manufacture of precision micro optics. Supplying cutting-edge products to industries such as telecommunications, defence and scientific industries, they are an entrepreneurial and innovative business, underpinned by a capable technical team of engineers across R&D and manufacturing. As the business continues to grow, they are looking for a talented procurement specialist to help guide the strategic longer-term direction of their supplier base, whilst also getting involved in some of the day-to-day purchasing activities.
The successful candidate will join the business at an exciting time in its life-cycle and will help to ensure that their supply chain (both direct materials and services) is efficient, high-quality, cost-effective and that any possible risks are mitigated. It's a varied and autonomous role for a procurement professional who enjoys a blend of strategic supplier development and tactical buying. There is plenty of opportunity to mould the role to your own unique skillset, as well as future opportunities for the function to develop into something larger. The position is initially a "stand-alone" role without any direct reports, but this could change as the company develops.
The Supply Chain Leader will lead supply chain activities; supporting the satisfaction and realisation of products and services in a timely manner. Amongst the main duties are:
* Manage key supplier relationships ensuring excellent communication channels, timely response to query, quotation and procurement acknowledgement. Oversee the purchasing process
* Identify and mitigate risk within the supply chain where supply, timeliness or cost could be adversely impacted.
* Where strategically important and/or to minimize cost and lead time, establish supply agreements
* Define and implement a supply chain development roadmap which supports the business growth and clearly details current and future capabilities
* Enhance the supplier approval and qualification processes
* Establish control and routine monitoring for the different type of suppliers
* Collate and publish supplier score cards highlighting S.W.O.T. within the supply chain
* Manage supplier corrective action requests ensuring effective implementation of action.
* Supplier Audit and, if necessary, timely corrective action, assuring continued product or service quality and timely delivery
* Ensure the company values are always upheld when performing this role
* Min B.Sc. Degree - Business or equivalent
* M-CIPS or equivalent qualification.
* 5+ years' experience supply chain management
* Experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on terms and conditions of contracts
* Operated in an ERP environment
* Operated in a regulated/export control environment (Preferred)
* Ideally Experience in a precision manufacturing or technology industry, although similar experience will be considered
The business is Fife-based but would happily consider individuals from elsewhere who are happy to work remotely, with at least one weekly visit to their HQ. It's a collaborative, dynamic environment in which you can have a real impact on the company's direction and success.