Our client, a global financial services company, is recruiting a Master Agreement Negotiator on a permanent basis
The UK Master Agreement team sits within the Legal team and is currently based in London and Glasgow. It is responsible for providing legal advice and support to management, businesses and functions across the UK and also provides support globally where necessary. The team is exposed to a wide variety of fixed income, equity derivatives and commodities documentation which, although primarily involving ISDA Master Agreements, will also include bespoke give-up agreements, bespoke FX agency letters, repurchase agreements, stock lending agreements and energy trading agreements (for example European Federation of Energy Traders).Essential Skills/Experience:
- Eager and willing to learn the necessary skills to be able to effectively co-ordinate and negotiate the above referenced agreements. On the job training will be provided.
- First class organisation skills.
- Able to communicate clearly both written and orally.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will be a strong team player who is keen and willing to learn the requisite skills to navigate and negotiate the above referenced agreements with a view to managing an individual portfolio of negotiations.
- Undergraduate LLB would be preferred
- Diploma in legal practice qualification would be helpful but is not essential.
- The Master Agreements team is responsible for producing, negotiating and following through to execution the following documentation:
- ISDA Master Agreements (1992 and 2002 versions).
- Loan linked ISDA Master Agreements.
- Clearing Addendums.
- Cleared Derivatives Execution Agreements (CDEAs).
- Credit Support Annex (English Law).
- Bespoke FX agency letters.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Bespoke give-up agreements.
- Global Master Repurchase Agreements.
- Stocklending Agreements (GMSLA, GESLA and OSLA).
- EFET Agreements.
- Regulatory VM (2016 CSA) and IM documentation (Euroclear/ Clearstream Security Agreements/ CTAs).
Liaise with asset managers acting on behalf of several principals and this involves, amongst other things, negotiating agency ISDA Agreements and Credit Support Annexes as well as performing due diligence on the underlying principals.
May also be expected to draft ISDA Master Agreements linked to credit facilities and project finance agreements.
Whilst the role primarily involves the drafting of ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes, you may also be asked to negotiate Global Master Repurchase Agreements and Global Master Securities Lending Agreements for a variety of counterparty types, such as hedge funds, regulated funds, insurance companies, pension funds and trusts, banks and corporates in various countries including emerging markets and tax havens.
Key responsibilities will involve the negotiation and timely execution of the referenced agreements and co-ordination throughout this process with all internal stakeholders to ensure all requisite approvals are obtained and internal guidelines are adhered to.
You will also ensure that the business is kept up to date at all times as to the status of negotiations and active management of the portfolios.
The time split will generally be 80% ISDA/CSA related with the remaining 20% taken up by other agreement types. Benefits:
- A highly competitive salary.
- Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13603
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website