Project Support Officer
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Edinburgh to recruit for a Project Support Officer on a temporary basis for an initial 3 months with a possibility to extend. The Day rate for the position is 160/day (inside of IR35).
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely.
Main purpose of role:
- You will manage the day-to-day running of the programme office for a number of projects and programmes by providing high level project support and assisting in the delivery of advice and guidance on appropriate management methodologies.
- Responsible for providing a full range of project support services to Programme Management Services, assisting in the organisation and administration of all aspects of Projects, Programmes and Business As Usual.
- Assist the Project Manager/Project Support Manager in preparation, delivery, updating and monitoring all project plans, documentation and deliverables.
- The post holder is responsible for setting up, maintaining and developing a number of databases and information management system in order to develop and implement procedures to ensure efficiency of the project and programme administration. Undertake the organisation of a large volume of meetings, workshops and presentations.
- Receive and respond to telephone calls/emails as appropriate, keeping the Project Manager/Project Support Manager informed of all relevant issues.
- Provide secretariat support to Programme and Project Managers, associated staff and external stakeholders. Duties include diary co-ordination and arranging meetings together with all related duties. All work must be of a high standard, be completed within agreed timescales and meet PgMS expectations.
- From all systems, the post holder will generate reports for use by management and / or other appropriate individuals. A strong audit trail will be provided.
- Contribute to preparation of documents which requires an understanding of forward planning and budget control.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Previous experience in a project support role
- Knowledge of effective Project Management/trained in PRINCE 2 methodology.
- Proactive, adaptable and flexible
- Experience in full secretariat role
- Formal Minute taking
- Excellent communication skills and used to dealing with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Excellent IT skills covering full MS Office suite