Our client is a large international oil service company and we are supporting them to source an Interim Tax Manager to cover a period of maternity leave.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the internal and external Group tax reporting processes ensuring quality and timeliness as well as providing assurance over Global VAT compliance. You will also have involvement in other ad hoc tax risk management projects such as tax strategy, tax evasion offence procedures and SAO.
- Review, coordinate and deliver the Group tax reporting, including instructing and managing Business Unit Finance teams and interacting with external auditors
- Review, analyse and summarise tax positions and justification of ETR for bi-annual external and quarterly internal management reporting
- Coordinate and deliver tax transparency reports, including monitoring legislative developments and adapt systems and processes to address new requirements
- Lead the continuous development of systems and processes to increase efficiencies and enhance reporting quality
1. Indirect tax:
- High level oversight of material tax filings globally, including analytical review of VAT returns in material jurisdictions and assurance over key variances and their drivers
- Oversight of ERP project from a VAT perspective across regions
- Monitor material indirect tax risks across the Group, providing challenge as appropriate
- Review UK and overseas corporate tax returns and statutory accounts disclosures, where appropriate
- Manage of SAO process
- Oversight of UK R&D claim preparation and submission as well as other UK tax compliance obligations such as interest restrictions, WWDC, transfer pricing positions, loss planning.
- Overview of compliance in non UK jurisdictions (assurance)
- Liaise with HMRC on specific enquiries for relevant statutory entities
- Develop and maintain procedures to oversee tax compliance globally, including adherence to policies and procedures, timeliness and accuracy of tax filings, transfer pricing positions and documentation, etc.
- Advise the business across a range of UK taxes specifically including Substantial Shareholding Exemption, Debt Capping, Controlled Foreign Companies and other legislation involving Group numerical analysis/modelling
- Ad hoc advisory to the business on other tax matters as required which may include M&A advisory and due diligence
- Monitor legislative changes, assess the impact on the Group and propose and implement responses where appropriate
- Provide tax leadership and strategic guidance to tax team in Aberdeen
- Provide support on statutory tax disclosures and advise on tax accounting
- Review corporate tax compliance filings prepared by Aberdeen tax team
- Develop capability technically and practically in delivering the required support to the business through appropriate challenge and support
To be considered you will be available for the period of the contract with the ability to start in a relatively short time frame. You will be a qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent and have significant Corporate Tax experience ideally in an oil service business, however industry experience is not essential. This role can be carried out remotely so your base location is not an issue, provided you have the experience and qualifications.