Eden Scott have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical bias) to work with a long standing family owned and ran manufacturer, who are one of the largest and most innovative confectionery specialists in the UK.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer and working closely with the Production and Packing departments, you will be responsible for the day to day, hands on factory floor maintenance. You will implement the preventative maintenance schedule and ensure that any breakdowns or stoppages are addressed in a timely manner, minimising the impact of the production and packing areas.
- Carry out maintenance, fault finding and repair on confectionery manufacturing equipment
- Ensure minimum downtime during production breakdown
- Respond to breakdowns and carrying out repairs, ensuring production is maximised
- Monitoring machine performance and carrying out necessary improvements
- Plan and review the preventative maintenance schedule in line with manufacturers recommendations
- Create and maintain accurate records
- Identify and review related procedures and supporting documents
- Ensure the on-going safety of people and products
- Ensure hygiene and housekeeping standards are adhered to
- Ensure BRC standards are maintained
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of maintenance engineering, fault finding (mechanical and electrical)
- Experience with various PLC controlled systems is advantageous
- Relevant experience with Steam boilers, compressors, pumps, valves, conveyors, weighing equipment
- Machine Shop experience
- Ideally experience of process or packing equipment within the confectionery industry
- Experience of working with Cut & Wrap machines, VFFS equipment and Twisting Wrapping machines would be advantageous.
- Qualified to HNC/HND level or equivalent within a relevant Mechanical discipline or possessing equivalent experience
The successful candidate should be a hands on engineer with a strive for continuous improvement and innovation. Be driven and self - motivated with a hands on style - making things happen. You should ensure excellent communication with all colleagues and operate to preserve the company's operation principles and values, as well as being a disciplined and motivated individual, setting behavioural standards whilst earning respect from others.
A competitive package will be made available for the successful candidate, with all the benefits one would expect from a role of this nature
Please apply for more information