Senior Software Engineer
My client is an agile and dynamic Software Consultancy that delivers end-to-end Software development projects for customers in a variety of industries; including medical devices, automotive, energy and defence. Due to signifcant recent success and some major project wins, they're embarking on a period of significant growth and expansion, so are looking for several talented and technically-astute Senior Software Engineers to join their burgeoning Central-Belt operation.
The business is able to offer varied and diverse projects on which to work, exposure to numerous sectors within one business, and a flexible and innovative workplace that gives exposure to new tools and techniques, whilst crafting appropriate product solutions for their customer base. There is also great progression opportunities availble in moving into more senior or customer-facing roles- if that's something of interest. The business is open to backgrounds, but previous experience/interest in Embedded Software Development and one of C/C++/C# would be highly desired. The company enjoys an extremely low staff turnover due to its positive environment and great working culture. The business is willing to consider people from right across the Central Belt. as there is flexible home/working available for those further away from its Fife-based Office.The role
Provide Software Engineering expertise by contributing to all stages of the software development lifecycle to produce a quality product on time, to budget and to client requirements. The Senior Software Engineer will work within a small team and may occasionally work on client site.
Responsible for generating modular software against requirements specification, ensuring that all development work is performed to the highest standards of quality and reliability, and within required timescales.
* Test and debug all software to ensure that requirements specifications are satisfied and that relevant test records are completed.
* Produce written documentation of all software to ensure that all records including defects, amendments and new features are reported clearly and concisely, and in accordance with Quality Procedures.
* Generate software design specifications at the unit or sub-system level to ensure that functional requirements are met and arrange and coordinate design reviews.
* Liaise with Clients and other Software Engineers to assist in the investigation and resolution of customer reported problems.
* Assist in the training and support of less experienced engineers (where applicable) to ensure they are familiar with the development system and procedures, languages, operating system and product applications.
* Assist in project scheduling by estimating the effort and skills required to produce specific software modules, then set project milestones and allocate and coordinate other engineers assigned to the project.
* Responsible for carrying out peer to peer code reviews & documentation reviews.
* Responsible for ensuring that project changes are logged correctly in the project Change Management System.
* Provide advice and expertise to project members on technical issues when required.The person
- Experience of the full software project management lifecycle
- Advanced knowledge and experience of relevant programming languages and technologies
- A thorough understanding of at least one of C, C++, C#
- Experience in planning including estimating, allocating and reviewing work
- Knowledge of OO design and development would be an advantage
In return, you'll receive a competetive base salary, surrounding package and great career opportunities.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply now! If this role is not quite what you're looking for, please register your CV on the Eden Scott website for a discussion about your next move