I am delighted to be working in partnership with a FTSE listed multinational energy company to help them recruit for a Project Manager within their Finance team as part of a 5+year 1billion digital transformation program they are undertaking. This is an initial 12 month FTC, however, is very likely to be extended in line with the continuation of this program.
The ideal candidate will have experience in dealing with finance transformation projects within big organisations and will be responsible for people, processes and tools. We are looking for someone who has the strength of character to deal with a variety of high-level stakeholders.
A qualified accountant with a strong finance background is ideal although QBE will be considered if it is the correct experience. The package for this role is in excess of 85k for the right individual there is a performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing. Alongside flexible working options.
As Digital Finance Project Manager, you will be heading up one of the key workstreams within the Digital Finance Programme assisting in the selection of and managing the rollout of several new financial tools across the business.
Within the role, you will work on behalf of the Programme Manager and Business Delivery lead, working closely with the IT Solution lead, IT colleagues, Change Lead and external suppliers, to help procure and implement new integrated Finance tools including aggregation, consolidation, reporting and dashboard and analytics across the business units.
Deliver the New tools workstream to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the project definition or Project Initiation Document (PID).
Management of 3rd parties, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
Ensure that Finance Business strategy, policy and standards are adhered to, thus achieving commonality and ease of maintenance
Manage cross-project and programme dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
Proactively manage the interfaces into projects, the portfolio and the business
What do I need?
- Extensive programme/project management experience, overseeing finance transformation projects involving large scale Finance Operations and Business change, the introduction of new software tools and implementing third party technology solutions
- Experience in a previous Finance Project role, for a large multi-business and multi-site organisation
- Direct experience of working with a 3rd party implementation team to ensure SSE requirements are met
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and manage key partners within the business, at all seniorities
- A strong communicator and collaborator, with a proven track record of driving change and implementing business improvements
If this sounds of interest to you please get in contact with Harry Young at Eden Scott on 07767 113 115 for an initial confidential discussion.