Currently recruiting for an experienced office-based Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil & gas operator based in Aberdeen.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will provide first line maintenance support for assets, assisting in the safe, timely and quality execution of all maintenance works and associated activities, to ensure asset integrity is maintained, and that plant / equipment availability and business objectives are achieved. The post holder will also provide discipline maintenance support to Maintenance Supervisors and Lead Technicians, as well as coordinate key maintenance activities.
This role would suit an experienced Electrical Maintenance / Support Engineer who possesses a strong Operator background within the oil & gas industry.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Electrical Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Main Equipment Coverage:
- Responding, as appropriate, to discipline related maintenance queries and support requests.
- Liaising with Technical Authorities to resolve technical queries in a timely manner.
- Overseeing like for like repairs and coordinating MOC's under the direction of the TA's.
- Continuously maintaining assurance activities required to achieve and maintain the performance standards for safety critical equipment over the asset life cycle, and escalate all assurance task non-conformances to the Technical Authority.
- Utilising Maximo / SAP to coordinate Work Orders, Requisitions and associated maintenance requirements.
- Ensuring alignment of vendor scopes with the 7-day, 28-day and 90-day plan - coordinating the mobilisation of personnel and materials in a timely manner.
- Coordinating equipment repairs for relevant discipline area, including process of despatch, vendor liaison and associated logistics.
- Responsible for the effective implementation and management of EX equipment, maintenance and associated risk-based approach.
- Analysing and maintaining equipment reliability data trends for optimisation of maintenance equipment strategies.
- Participating in RCA reviews, as required, by providing equipment history trends and technical input.
- Coordinating urgent material requisitions, including vendor liaison and associated logistics.
- Effectively managing campaign maintenance work scopes, including shutdown related work scopes and NPAI interventions.
- Coordinating and providing input to vendor maintenance plans and vendor work pack process.
- Providing input to the asset maintenance planning and scheduling process, as required.
- Providing input and support to shutdown planning process, as appropriate for discipline work scopes.
- Liaising closely with Engineering personnel on technical / engineering queries and other related activities.
- Liaising closely with key vendors and contractors to ensure satisfactory level of service is continuously achieved.
- Acting as Contract Focal Point for nominated Contracts.
- Participating in the development and continuous improvement of maintenance strategies and development of long-term equipment plans.
- Developing discipline specific budgets and provide monthly stewardship.
- Liaising closely with the Procurement and Warehouse management functions, as appropriate.
- Managing Material Masters and liaise with Warehousing regarding Safety Stock, Slow Movers and the disposal process.
- Further developing equipment Bill of Materials in discipline area.
- Standing in for Maintenance Manager where required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Gas turbines driven by 11kV 50hz 4.7MWe alternators.
- 11kV & 0.4kV main distribution switchgear and MCCs with IEC 61850 IED network protection station.
- Discrete electrical control system (SCADA).
- HV/LV dry type transformers.
- 1.5KW to 50KW motors - DOL and VFDs.
- SCR controlled process heaters up to 416kW/690V.
- A/C & DC UPS.
- ATEX certified EX equipment.
- Emergency lighting and navigational aids.
- Diesel engine generator packages.
- Process heaters.
- Electrical portable equipment.
- A degree qualification in Electrical Engineering would be preferred. However, a relevant HNC / HND qualification with an appropriate level of experience in a similar role could also be considered.
- Previous experience in a similar office-based Electrical Maintenance / Support Engineer type role - directly with an oil & gas operator - is essential.
- Extensive experience in maintenance activities within the oil & gas industry is essential.
- An understanding of the training and competency requirements for an Authorised Electrical Person and a Responsible Electrical Person is essential.
- Experience of working with a CMMS is essential (Maximo experience would be preferred).