The main duty will be the review of lending documentation to ensure it is consistent with key terms and conditions of credit applications.
You will be an operational subject matter expert
(loan, trade and derivative) documentation
This role provides key controls to main function departments ensuring rules and procedures are adhered to. A high quality of data input is fundamental in supporting accurate internal and external regulatory reporting.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required
- Execution and approval of consistency check between lending documentation and credit approval, providing final sign off of Key Terms & Conditions, including fulfilment of credit conditions.
- Execution and approval of credit limits in the operating systems ensuring all prerequisite requirements are met in relation to local and regulatory validations.
- Review risk mitigating documentation, including Credit Risk Insurance and Sub/Risk Participation.
- Escalation of the risk issues impacting transactions, both from an internal policy perspective and from a regulatory perspective, allowing for acknowledgment and acceptance where required.
- Development of procedures and business process flows with Front Office & Finance for unstructured transactions, ensuring booking methodology is agreed and understood.
- Constructively challenge and influence change to enhance business performance for the Section and Department to ensure best practise is established.
- Other duties as required by Bank management
- Sound knowledge of, and exposure to, syndicated loan markets (crucial) within a corporate banking environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the credit approval process.
- A strong working knowledge of the business conducted by the Bank, including an understanding of the individual marketing Departments.
- Understanding of key risks and associated control points in the transaction lifecycle.
- A good understanding of KYC and compliance procedures and respect to ensuring the highest adherence to them
- A logical, solution based approach to issues, able to troubleshoot independently over issues
- Well organised, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and use initiative throughout the day.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and takes the initiative to provide high quality levels of service to both the Bank's internal and external customers.
- Promote a control culture to ensure the Section accurately captures all transactions in the Bank's core processing systems.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities at short notice, whilst continuing to supply quality service.
This is a long-term temporary contract for immediate start so interested applicants please do not hesitate to apply ASAP.