OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To conduct necessary servicing and/or breakdowns of gas appliances above 70kw and planned preventative maintenance within commercial plant rooms and communal heating installations for specific contracts as efficiently and effectively as possible ensuring that you adhere to the company's professional and safety standards at all times.
Also to carry out the above in domestic properties appliances up to 70kw when requested.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. To conduct annual servicing of gas equipment for specific contracts in accordance with the manufacturers' instructions and guidance as and when required.
2. To repair and maintain all relevant heating equipment in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and guidance and replace where necessary.
3. To diagnose and/or fault-find all breakdowns as quickly and efficiently as possible.
4. To provide "out of hours" cover when required and ensure all out of hours call-outs are completed as efficiently as possible.
5. To cause minimum disruption to tenants and to respect tenants property whilst working.
6. To liaise with customer service administrators and other office staff ensuring you are aware of which jobs are required for specific days.
7. To ensure relevant stock is maintained and topped up in the van provided.
8. When necessary, to check all material required for a particular job is available.
9. To ensure all paperwork required for each job is filled in correctly and accurately in accordance with data protection regulations and handed to relevant administrator.
10. To effectively communicate with customers and explain correct and safe operation of appliances.
11. To help out with other contracts when colleagues are busy or absent, you are expected to be as flexible as possible.
12. To undertake training and attend training courses as required.
13. To actively help in your own training and development by ensuring that the appropriate person is aware of your short falls and your training needs.
14. To assist in the training of apprentices as appropriate.
Health & Safety:
15. To ensure all Health & Safety standards set by the company and other relevant bodies are adhered to at all times and that all work is carried out within current statutory regulations e.g. Gas Safety Regulations.
16. To wear protective clothing and equipment as issued and as necessary.
17. To ensure the cleanliness of the vehicle.
18. To ensure the security and correct operation of equipment supplied, i.e. Tools, vehicles, mobile phones, PDAs, etc.
19. To ensure your timesheets are filled out correctly, on a daily/weekly basis and signed off by the relevant person.
20. To act in a polite and professional manner at all times especially when dealing with
members of the public.
21. To work overtime as can be reasonably required.
22. To help out in any other duties as and when required in order to meet the needs of the business.