IBM is looking for a Technical Sales Professional to join our MVP (Minimum Viable Product) Team to co-create innovative cloud solutions with our clients.
As organisations move to hybrid cloud platforms, they bring with them an exciting mix of business and technical challenges. This can often involve legacy and contemporary technologies which leads to complex design decisions requiring a variety of skills.
As part of the MVP team, you will be at the heart of this hybrid cloud journey helping our clients to explore their business challenges and rapidly evaluate the best of IBM's hybrid cloud software portfolio through a hands-on co-creation approach.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who wants to build innovative solutions using cloud technologies, with a focus on AIOps.
You'll need to have a passion for technology and thrive in a team environment.
Your role in the MVP Team will be varied: you will be working with the IBM sales teams from the very beginning, helping them to frame customer business requirements, then quickly build them out with the customers into working prototypes. A typical MVP might last three to four weeks with you running weekly playbacks with clients to demonstrate IBM's unique proposition. We use Design Thinking, Agile and DevOps practices, with the aim of creating assets that clients can build on once the MVP process is complete.
Within the MVP Team you will:
• Understand customer situations and uncover needs for IBM Cloud solutions.
• Demonstrate to customers the value of IBM Cloud offerings, focusing on Cloud Paks including Cloud Pack for Integration/Data/AIOpps/Security, to solve their business problems.
• Engage with customers in co-creation of MVPs/prototypes/PoCs.
• Deliver compelling presentations of MVP results to a range of technical, business and management audiences.
• Identify new sales opportunities for IBM Cloud offerings and services projects.
• Harvest internal and external reference / success stories and publish these.
• Share obtained insights with MVP community and beyond.
• Create and share reusable assets based on MVP deliverables.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proven experience in Cloud/DevOps engineering
• Working experience of implementing solutions on multiple cloud environments (IBM, AWS, AZURE, GCP etc)
• Proven experience of container technologies including Kubernetes, Red Hat technologies (OpenShift, Ansible, RHEL, etc.) Docker, Cloud Foundry, Cloud Native Security
• Experience with a modern automation tool (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt etc.)
• Strong scripting skills in at least one language (BASH, Python, Ruby, etc.)
• Experience with source control management tools such git, bitbucket, subversion, etc.
• Understanding of software development life cycle and delivery processes
• Demonstrable knowledge of Observability concepts and frameworks
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in a software development and delivery role
• Production experience with one or more monitoring frameworks and tools (Nagios, Prometheus, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, Tivoli, etc.)
• Demonstrable knowledge of AI for IT Operations (AIOps)
• Experience in a SRE role
• Demonstrable knowledge of IBM Software relating to IT Service Management e.g. Netcool, Agile Service Manager, Predictive Insights, MultiCloud Manager, etc.
• Proven track record in Tech Sales or similar role.
• Understand the principles of Design Thinking Methodology