Global Corporate Banking is part of the Global Corporate and Investment Banking Division (GCIB) at Bank of America (BofA). Our team is focused on managing the day-to-day relationship with our clients as well as delivering financing, treasury and risk management solutions to our clients on a global basis. In addition, Global Corporate Banking manages the firm's balance sheet allocation to our clients in coordination with our credit and risk teams.
Global Corporate Banking serves a diverse range of clients and industries across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. Outside the US, our focus is on large global multinational corporate and financial institution clients. In the UK & Ireland team we cover the largest corporate clients in the UK & Ireland, predominantly in the FTSE100 and top end of the FTSE250 as well as some of the largest privately owned companies in the UK.The Role:
As an Associate in the team you will:
Core skills - Required and Preferred
- Provide support to senior bankers in relationship management, origination and executionacross a diverse range of product areas
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our clients, the industries in which they operate and how the bank helps support both their growth aspirations and day-to-day banking requirements
- Assist in the development of client specific analysis (e.g. capital structure, acquisition finance)including detailed financial modelling
- Become proficient at credit analytics and the various metrics used to price and structure various debt instruments
- Provide market-informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients' specific needs
- Gain familiarity with the legal and documentation aspects of various debt instruments as key step in debt execution
- Work on live transactions and interact with clients as you build your network and experience
- Help to generate ideas and cross selling opportunities for new and existing clients
- Work closely with Investment Banking teams on client coverage and origination
- Provide oversight and support to analysts and interns in the team
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills are required
- Proficient level of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English is essential
- Meticulous attention to detail, diligence and conscientiousness
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of working effectively both independently and with multiple teams/individuals
- Educated to degree level
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. Job Band:
H6Shift:Hours Per Week:
35Weekly Schedule:Referral Bonus Amount: