You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we'll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
This is a great opportunity to join Global Network Services Technology (GNST) where we are partnering with the Network Services Operations (NSO) team to help deliver an exciting Global Payment Network that has been designed and built from scratch to run in our private cloud, using nothing but the latest and best tech stack available in the industry.Focus:
Provides deep technical knowledge and solution delivery at a platform level Organizational Context:
Director level individual contributor who may lead a small team of Senior Software EngineersHow will you make an impact in this role?
- 50%~60% of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation
- Work with Staff Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach
- Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews as needed
- Provide technical mentorship to other software engineers at all levels
- Implement new, highly scalable platform components
- Improve and maintain existing components of the core platform
- Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums
- Employ technical expertise to help team members overcome technical problems
- Carry out to release/project schedule and sprint achievements
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software for use in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related environments
- Responsible for health and quality of the code across the portfolio, including leadership over SCM, functional testing, and CI/CD tool integration
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Significant active engineering experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Successful engineering and deployment of enterprise-grade technology assets in an Agile product environment
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Hands-on coding experience in the platform's primary technology stack (Java, Spring boot, Vertx, Couchbase, Kafka, Splunk, Envoy)
- Experience with development tools: Jenkins, XL Release
- Expertise in building fault-tolerant, scalable solutions that are performed at a global enterprise scale
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture design principles and implementation patterns
- Ability to construct enterprise-grade APIs using state-of-the-art techniques and best practices (REST, JSON, XML, etc.)
- Proficient in cross-platform integration
- Advanced engineering skill with wide-ranging experience; able to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Experience in the card payment network domain is a HUGE plus!
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.