You'll do more than the expected. You'll do the unexpected.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we'll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
This opportunity would suit a software engineer with proven development experience and a passion for modern technology and creative solutions. You will need to demonstrate an ability to challenge the status quo and have an enthusiasm to constantly learn, improve and find new ways of working.
The successful applicant will join the Member Get Member (refer a friend) web application development team; a dynamic, talented and creative team of engineers who consistently deliver innovative solutions that drive significant growth through card acquisition. The team operates in a fully agile model and has dedicated, co-located Product Owners.
- Accountability for the delivery of quality code that is fully tested and scalable
- Work with Product Owners to define requirements for new features and plan increments of work
- Drive automation and ensure automated test scripts are completed for new features in partnership with QA Engineers
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including developing prototypes, writing new code and creating API's
- Design and build integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Senior Engineers, Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and willingness to adopt new technologies
- Collaborate with engineering teams: find opportunities to educate and learn from other mobile & web engineering teams
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 2+ years engineering experience in writing production level Nodejs code in the Financial Services industry
- Understanding of React.js - its lifecycle methods, concept of Virtual DOM, Error Boundaries and at least 12-18 months of hands-on experience
- Experience with in depth problem solving, analytical analysis, reporting and the ability to articulate and present to leaders and key partners
- Ability to manage, influence and drive vendor direction to deliver innovated solutions that are helpful to the team and American Express
- Demonstrates personal integrity, builds trust and capable of collaborating across the organization
- Motivates and inspire team members to work together and get results
- Excellent written/verbal skills and able to adapt a message to the appropriate audience
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills to deliver results
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering, or related field is preferred
- Experienced in web scalability and engineer large scale enterprise applications is a bonus
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com .