Currently based working from home but in the future will require occasional travel to our Nottingham & Wimbledon officesContract Type:
Full time (35 hours per week)
We are excited to announce a vacancy within our growing Commercial Planning and Insight team as a Data Specialist
. Offering remote working
with occasional commuting to our Nottingham or Wimbledon offices, this is an opportunity to exercise your skills in data mining, ETL and analysis
to provide our teams with the data models
and cleaned, de-normalised views
of transactional and aggregated data
they need to analyse business performance and efficiency. About the Role
We are looking for an experienced specialist in data mining and analysis to help our teams access the wealth of information that exists across our business. This role will extract and analyse complex data sets from diverse databases and systems, providing the resulting data sets, models and statistical analysis both directly to business stakeholders and to Insight colleagues for further interpretation and presentation.
The role includes the following key responsibilities:
- Working with Insight colleagues and other business stakeholders to understand their data requirements
- Extracting, cleansing and normalising data using a variety of data mining and ETL tools
- Building new datasets/models, including the use of inexact "fuzzy" matching, and transforming unstructured data into context-relevant structured data
- Producing forecasts for specific data series through detailed trend analysis & modelling
- Presenting completed datasets, models and forecasts with clarity, sharing knowledge of the methods and approaches used where appropriate to support the development of colleagues and peers
- Supporting the regular delivery of business performance analysis by refreshing the underlying reporting models/datasets, documenting these solutions for transfer to the MI production team where appropriate
We're looking for a candidate with exceptional data skills and significant experience in extracting and transforming data, particularly in a Contact Centre environment. You'll be proficient with industry tools (such as SQL, PowerBI and Python/R) and have a good understanding of how to use statistical and data modelling techniques to identify, understand and quantify trends, patterns and relationships in data.
You'll also have a strong track record of presenting complex concepts effectively to stakeholders, and be able to demonstrate a confident, positive and clear communication style.
In addition to the above, you will also possess the following specific skills and expertise:
In return we offer:
- Extracting, transforming and analysing data using a variety of tools; specifically Advanced Excel, SQL, Python and/or R, Power BI and MS Access
- Presenting complex data using simple; clear visualisations, using Advanced Powerpoint
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Positive and resilient attitude to operating within a fast-paced remote-working environment
- Excellent understanding of typical KPIs and commercial drivers of Contact Centres and Customer-Centric organisations (and their interdependencies)
- Strong analytical / data science background, with a good understanding of statistical models and forecasting methods, together with their use cases and contra-indications
- Annual leave - 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Health cash plan - employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Pension scheme - matched employer contributions up to 5% of basic salary
- Life assurance - employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance - access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing - access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans - interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work - tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing - discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme - specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan - one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts - a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're looking for skilled professionals dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen.
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender assignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.