IBM is looking for a Technical Sales Professional to join our MVP (Minimum Viable Product) Team to co-create innovative cloud solutions with our clients.
As organisations move to hybrid cloud platforms, they bring with them an exciting mix of business and technical challenges. This can often involve legacy and contemporary technologies which leads to complex design decisions requiring a variety of skills.
As part of the MVP team, you will be at the heart of this hybrid cloud journey helping our clients to explore their business challenges and rapidly evaluate the best of IBM's hybrid cloud software portfolio through a hands-on co-creation approach.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who wants to build innovative solutions using cloud technologies, with a focus on Integration.
You'll need to have a passion for technology and thrive in a team environment.
Your role in the MVP Team will be varied: you will be working with the IBM sales teams from the very beginning, helping them to frame customer business requirements, then quickly build them out with the customers into working prototypes. A typical MVP might last three to four weeks with you running weekly playbacks with clients to demonstrate IBM's unique proposition. We use Design Thinking, Agile and DevOps practices, with the aim of creating assets that clients can build on once the MVP process is complete.
Within the MVP Team you will:
• Understand customer situations and uncover needs for IBM Cloud solutions.
• Demonstrate to customers the value of IBM Cloud offerings, focusing on Cloud Paks including Cloud Pack for Integration/Data/AIOpps/Security, to solve their business problems.
• Engage with customers in co-creation of MVPs/prototypes/PoCs.
• Deliver compelling presentations of MVP results to a range of technical, business and management audiences.
• Identify new sales opportunities for IBM Cloud offerings and services projects.
• Harvest internal and external reference / success stories and publish these.
• Share obtained insights with MVP community and beyond.
• Create and share reusable assets based on MVP deliverables.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in architecting, designing, and implementing integration solutions based on ESB/SOA patterns or modern lightweight integration frameworks and architectures.
• Hands-on experience with RESTful API creation and exposure, Kafka event streaming, or synchronous and asynchronous integration technologies.
• API Lifecycle Management solution experience e.g. IBM APIC, GCP/Apigee, MuleSoft AWS, Kong, etc
• Experience of designing and or building solutions based on Containers/Kubernetes
• Strong analytical and good inter-personal skills. Good organizational and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
• Open, creative and flexible minded, regarding implementation approaches, tools and ways of working
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience of IBM Integration (App Connect / Integration Bus, MQ, Datapower) or other solutions e.g. MuleSoft, Oracle Fusion, TIBCO, Dell Boomi, Red Hat Fuse, etc. and the different considerations between traditional and hybrid cloud deployments.
• Good knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, standards and procedures.
• Proven experience with designing Kafka enterprise solutions e.g. Confluent
• Experience with automation and DevOps scripting e.g. bash, Jenkins, Tekton
• Knowledge of IBMs Container Orchestration or other offerings: IBM Kubernetes Service (IKS), Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS) Google Kubernetes Service (GKE), OpenShift on IBM/AWS/Azure/GCP
• Design and programming skills using some the following technologies: JSON, OAS, Web Services, XML, XSLT, Java, Node.js, SQL
• Security principles and technologies on cloud
• Proven track record in Tech Sales or similar role.
• Specialist industry knowledge e.g. in Financial Services
• Understand the principles of Design Thinking Methodology
• Experience of integration with enterprise systems such as SAP, Oracle and SalesForce.