Full Stack Java Developer
We are seeking a number of Full Stack Java Developers to join JP Morgan in Glasgow on an initial 6 months contract. This is an extremely hands-on, delivery-focused, technical position involving a lot of analysis, coding, testing and interfacing with end users. A good knowledge of Investment Banking and Markets is highly desirable but a thirst for knowledge and the knack to apply that knowledge is just as good to us so we will be happy to speak with candidates from different industries. There will be a high degree of teamwork and technical peer interaction involved.
These roles will will allow for remote working within the UK but you may be required to attend the office at least 1 day per week. About the team:
As a Full Stack Java Developer, you will be part of a newly formed transformation and agility team who believe great things can be done when teams work together. The team believes in and practice the tenants of the Agile Manifesto. They believe simple is better and that less is more. The team also believes that their software can make a difference to the corporate bottom line and maybe even change the world in some beneficial way. About the Role:
Developer toolset includes:
- Complete full lifecycle development projects as well as post-production maintenance and enhancements
- Participate in requirements meetings with our users and propose technical solutions
- Evangelize and seek new opportunities for our product to be used by other development teams not already using the platform.
- Support our users by answering questions, researching system issues, identifying root causes, and resolving problems
- Visual Studio Code, Intellij-Ultimate
- Source Control - Git/BitBucket
- Continuous Integration - Jenkins
- Release Process - Automated
- Bug Database - Jira
- Enterprise Java (including concurrency)
- Spring Boot; RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, etc.)
- Core development skills i.e. testing, build/deploy experience and problem solving.
- GUI Usability experience is a plus but can be learned on the job
- Technical and/or Team lead experience is useful but not required
- Cloud experience
- Commitment and drive
- Good communication skills