An exciting proposition to join a start-up Venture Capital business, a spin-out from one of the world's largest companies. You would be joining a small, but growing operation in London and be taking sole responsibility of the fund reporting in what will be a broad and hands-on role. You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with relevant fund accounting experience.The Role:
- Managing the working capital and cash position of the business and the funds
- Supporting the quarterly close of the fund accounts in collaboration with the fund administrator including working on valuations on a quarterly basis.
- Working with the CFO to clear audit questions as they arise.
- Assisting the deal team with due diligence, fund, tax and deal structuring
- Contributing to the budget and forecasting process and to the strategic planning and development of the business
- FCA/SEC compliance monitoring under the direction of the CFO/CCO and in conjunction with the outsourced compliance advisory firm
- Oversight of outsourced administrators and advisors including for Payroll and other benefits.
- Supervision of Management company books and associated tax filings US/UK
- You must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- You must have requisite fund accounting experience, gained from close-ended funds. Ideally you will have Venture Capital or Private Equity experience
- Experience gained from either a fund administrator or from an in-house role
- Advantage if you have experience of reporting under US GAAP
- Willing to be very hands-on and able to work in small teams
- Work with a business in it's infancy but with some huge backing
- Take a step-up in your career
- Good, long term earning potential, including carried interest