DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist to work on complex analytics-led projects that will the customer experience for millions on DWP users through innovative solutions and cutting edge machine learning and AI capabilities.
DWP Digital is our community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies we create innovative, scalable, user-centric digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and our amazing DWP colleagues.Data. Work. Projects.
Do you have a depth of knowledge and experience in data science?
A passion for innovative, analytics-lead solutions?
And the sort of experimental mindset that will help you deliver data science design, via machine learning and AI, which makes things work better for our users?
We're looking for a Data Science expert and leader.
We provide services and support to millions of people, often when they are at their most vulnerable and we need to get it right.
So, you'll be passionate about User Experience and the power of Data Science to improve how people interact with government.
You'll need to be a clear communicator. You will talk to stakeholders about complex technical findings in a way they understand, and you'll be able to take the big strategic picture and and turn it into technical tasks for a high performing team.
And you'll help DWP become a real leader and pioneer in Data Science, with opportunities to collaborate with peers across Government and wider industry on projects and at events, meet-ups and more.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need to show us?
Details. Wages. Perks.
- You have experience at senior level of model building, capability development and related design selections required for analytics or data science within a high profile business area (e.g. a transformation programme or digital capability)
- You have led on strands of data science, machine learning and AI work worth multiple £m, or on improved user experience. This includes identifying the specific business need, data gathering, designating the best tools, data and techniques to address it, ongoing deliverables, presentations and influencing the business case for delivery.
- You can shape the design and implementation of analytics for Digital solutions and products, including engaging and influencing senior stakeholders to identify and support high value opportunities
- You communicate key findings to technical and non-technical audiences in a compelling way, in context and using interactive visualisation techniques
- You stay on top of of emerging technologies, market and industry trends, and encourage adoption and best practise through your community and teams
- You are able to influence the wider Data Science landscape, defining methods, standards and other best practices.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in London, Manchester, Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £72,771 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.