World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join the business-side Power Transformation Programme team who can lead and define the business intent in the form of detailed outcomes, which the IT team can turn into industry leading IT solutions and best practice processes.
The business is embarking on a significant change programme, looking to improve the systems and processes for Energy Trading in the UK and Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of working within a global business change team, in the context of both the UK and European Energy Trading markets. You will have experience of working within a fast-paced, commercial business team, leading the continuous improvement of both IT and business processes within a heavily regulated industry.
You will also have a deep understanding of power operations processes and systems across multiple European markets (GB, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany), with detailed knowledge of how vertically integrated energy companies interact with grid operators, regulatory bodies and exchanges on both production and supply sides.
An understandstanding of internal business process and systems and how operations fit into the overall operating model is also important. In particularly, relationships with trading and ETRM systems.
You will be able to demonstrate change leadership throughout the E2E change lifecycle within both the agile and waterfall methodologies, including requirements definition and articulation, design, development, testing, implementation, business readiness and embedding lasting business improvement.
Key skills and experience:
• Demonstrated experience in delivering major system and business process change in the operations space.
• Track record of autonomously applying the right Business Analysis tools and techniques to solve the business problem or define and capture the business intent through agile or waterfall product deliverables (e.g. detailed requirements, user stories, wireframes etc.)
• Ability to effectively identify and manage key stakeholders at all levels, throughout the change lifecycle, applying learned techniques to both listen effectively and influence accordingly, for the good of the business as a whole.
• Experience of organisational change, incorporating the merger of one or more businesses, demonstrating the ability to bring teams of people together with respect and consideration.
• A deep understanding of Energy Trading for all commodities (Power, Gas and Emissions) and all asset types (e.g. generation, customers, renewable technologies etc.) within both the UK and Europe.
• Conscientious, highly analytical, but able to converse at a senior and working level
• An influencer, able to articulate your ideas and concepts in a convincing but collaborative manner.
• Highly developed communication skills, both written and spoken, and comfortable working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual business environment.
• Naturally inquisitive and keep abreast of technology, industry and regulatory developments.
• Work as part of the Commercial Delivery team, working with both the Traders, downstream support and IT teams to ensure the successful delivery of several business improvement initiatives running in parallel.
• Able to adapt to new and emerging change needs as the business grows rapidly. This includes strong commercial pipelines of new customers, acquisitions and asset-backed Power Purchase Agreements.
• Based in London, the role may require some travel to Europe or other UK destinations as requested.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93084468