Business Analyst - 6-month Fixed Term Contract - Edinburgh - Salary on offer is £35,000 up to £54,000
What you will be working on:
As a Business Analyst, you will be working across all departments of the business managing business needs, shaping, and scoping ideas, eliciting requirements as part of the change process. Your role will be to analyse the impact of changes on the business and to help define and deliver projects with the Project Manager and/or Programme Manager. You will also be required to create high-level design, user stories and/or uses cases.
You'll be Conducting impact and risk analysis for all upcoming projects along with performing cost/ benefit and feasibility analysis for target solution. You will work closely with internal and external teams to deliver changes as the business requires and Support the business change management process to achieve and sustain successful transition.
Who you will be working for:
You'll be part of a large organisation which raises money for charities through their subscription service. Their mission is to help raise funds for charities and good causes and increase awareness of their work. Subscribers have raised more than £700 million for 9,500 good causes since 2005. This funding is transforming lives and communities in Britain and beyond and was ranked the second largest private charity donor in the world and the biggest in Europe in 2018/19.
What you will need:
- Certification in business analysis methodologies
- Experience working as a business analyst or in similar roles and building relationships with 3rd party suppliers of services
- Extremely well-developed analytical skills and well versed in a variety of business analysis and business alignment, change implementation, system modelling techniques
- Experience focussing on the details, whilst never losing sight of the bigger picture, and prioritising clearly even when you're working on many projects simultaneously
- Experience in a range of analysis tools and techniques
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environment
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles
- Computer literate, fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and collaboration software programs, such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint
- Experience working with Product Owners and different stakeholders would be an advantage
- Confident in communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent presentation, coaching and facilitation skills
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills to find consensus
- Able to provide business analysis mentoring to team members
What you'll get in return:
You'll be part of a working environment and culture where everyone is able to achieve their best. Equality, diversity, and inclusion are central to the organisation's mission and key to their success. They were ranked ninth in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and since the beginning, the core values of Fun, Courageous, Sharing and Sustainable have shaped their culture and everything they do.
Each year, they invest up to 4% of salaries into training and development opportunities that will stretch and challenge people at every stage of their career. In addition to an exciting career, you will receive a generous pension, private health insurance that rewards you for being active, life assurance, free gym membership, leisure and entertainment discounts, 36 days holiday plus your birthday off and much more. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/93080901