Bark is the UK's largest & fastest growing services marketplace, helping people find the right professional for their project in over 1,500 unique categories. The business is already profitable with a proven model but has the feel of a startup with a small team of just over 65 people and most of its work still to do.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting, early stage business - but with the financial security of a privately owned, revenue generating established company - so you get all the benefits of working in a start-up environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.
We recently celebrated 6th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 of fastest growing private tech companies in the UK. With a presence in eight countries globally and imminent plans for further expansion, you can join us at a genuinely exciting time on this journey.About the role
We are looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to help us scale Bark's efforts globally.
We are looking for a passionate individual who will be an all-round growth marketing expert with a track record of innovation and execution in a scale-up environment. We have ample data, content and budget at our disposal which will serve as ammunition for this person to find ways to grow the business.
The Growth Marketing Manager will work across all parts of the funnel: finding new and efficient avenues for acquisition, while also running experiments to improve customer on-boarding and retention. The Growth Marketing Manager will also help grow new revenue streams and help devise the go to market strategy for new products and features.
Our team is key to our success. We are looking for someone who can collaborate across the business and build several growth marketing foundations. We hire the best in class, so be prepared to both bring new ideas to the table, and learn from the experienced members of the business.Responsibilities
Required skills and experience
- You'll help reduce CAC by finding new avenues of efficient acquisition (Paid, organic, and referral). This will be done through testing new channels, assessing their scalability, and subsequently growing them
- You'll help improve the LTV of existing users through optimising the funnel. You will do so by improving activation and retention. You will devise a series of experiments to activate, cross-sell, up-sell and retain users on both sides of the marketplace
- You'll work with product and engineering teams to define, scope and execute tests that drive user growth
- You'll help build cross channel measurement frameworks to identify the optimal deployment of marketing budget on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- You'll help improve the conversion and on-boarding flow of users on both sides of the marketplace
- You'll use available data to formulate big bets for the business and new revenue growth opportunities for the business
- You'll help scale marketing channels to the next level by working with product teams to build the necessary automation tools across channels
Desired skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience in multi-channel, growth-focused marketing roles; preferably in start-up/scale-up companies
- Proven experience working cross-functionally with product, other marketing functions, and sales teams
- Previous hands-on experience with digital marketing channels or with email marketing platforms/customer lifecycle marketing
- Experience with cross channel measurement and budget optimisation
- Thorough understanding of ad-tech - Bidding automation, attribution, tracking, etc
- Ability to communicate and advocate ideas as well as execute and be hands-on
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Some of our benefits
- Ability to query and build a story around data (using SQL)
- Experience working on or with product teams
- Product-led marketing / Product marketing experience
- Previous marketplace start-up experience
- Past experience with conversion optimization (CRO)
- Past experience with referral schemes
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance
- Free on-site bark employee private gym
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!