Who we are
Vanquis helps people who are excluded by mainstream banks take control of their financial situation. Whether they're new to credit or need a hand rebuilding their credit file to manage life better, we make sure our services are straightforward and suitable for them to succeed.
We're here to put people on a path to a better everyday life, not just our 1.7 million customers but our colleagues too. And we're proud of the difference we make.You and your team
Reporting into the Director of Engineering, the role is responsible for leading a team of Engineering Product Owners across three locations (London, Chatham, Bradford), and for the overall Engineering product management for Technology and Change Engineering.
Responsibility for coordinating and achieving value across all engineering products and developing a thorough understanding of customer and colleagues' needs with substantial experience of managing complex product sets. Coach, motivate and lead the Engineering Product Owner capability within the bank and their productivity and performance. Significant stakeholder management and influence across Technology and Change, business teams and senior leadership will be required to make the role successful.
• Working closely with senior stakeholders to translate business strategy into the engineering product roadmap, creating a set of deliverables that will be delivered across distributed delivery teams.
• Responsible for sequencing of requirements, defining metrics and KPIs with stakeholders and tracking the value of delivery against those metrics throughout the lifecycle.
• You will also be accountable for the Engineering Product Owner team:
o Capability - taking day to day management responsibility and action including performance reviews, holiday planning, training requirements
o Leadership - role model behaviours in communication, collaboration, recognition and development of the team including regular performance and development conversations, in-time feedback and coaching
o Ways of Working- taking ownership and accountability for ways of working, and taking data led decisions to make continuous improvement and simplification.
o Community - Building a collaborative and effective Community of Practice
o Culture - embrace and drive a continuous learning culture where the development of new skills and knowledge is paramount to the success the role and wider team.
o Conduct - comply with the organisations Information Security Policy, and all subordinate policies and local procedures.
• Protect the organisation assets in line with the requirements set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
• Define and order change across multiple backlogs to best realise value taking into account priorities, and business and technical dependencies.
• Clearly document and communicate sequencing of value delivery.
• Driving continuous, measurable improvement in practices within and across teams, identifying opportunities and where required creating data-led business cases to ensure stakeholder buy-in.
• Ensuring effective decision making so that the teams can move forward, and product blockers are actively removed.
• Actively look forward and work with stakeholders to ensure sufficient and effective input into product back logs and sprint planning.
• Identify and communicate on-going understanding and awareness of partner and technology trends / activity and relevant industry trends.
• Commercial awareness for product delivery and optimised productivity of the PPO capability.
• Promote servant leadership, agile culture, test / learn mentality and sharing the findings throughout the business.What you bring to the team
• Certified SCRUM Product Owner
• Honours Degree (2:1 or higher)/equivalent degree or experience
• Demonstrable experience in high impact / accountability product management roles leading teams of Product Owners, and planning across multiple products.
• Previous experience in transformation and build of a Product Ownership capability ideally within financial services inclusive of process design, measurement, reporting, improvement and control.
• Significant experience of working, developing and coaching within agile frameworks.
• Experience working alongside UX/UI teams, providing appropriate challenge to creative design.
• Strong communication skills with ability to influence and build effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
• Experience of delivering step-change customer experiences.
• Experience of leading customer facing digital products from concept to adoption, with experience in all stages of the product lifecycle.
• Experience in delivery of transformational customer facing digital products through data led design leveraging API enterprise reference architecture hosted on cloud.
• Experience of requirement management through Azure DevOps, JIRA or similar.
• Experience of working within a regulated environment.
• Ability to understand the diverse products you are accountable for and their application and usage across the bank.
• Ability to quickly identify constraints and assess mitigations with appropriate prioritisation of workflow.
• Maintain a detailed understanding of all relevant technical, business and market activities that impact the bank.
• Understand regulatory and compliance implications when delivering solutions, such as GDPR.
• Be the trusted point of contact for the Engineering Product Owner capability escalations.
• Working closely with Engineering and Business Change leadership to design and build an effective self-learning capability for consistency and continuous improvement.
• Build effective, open, constructive relationships with those closely invested in the product.
• Influence key senior stakeholders across the Bank. This includes presentations to the Executive and Change Committees. Engagement with a broad range of colleagues across the bank would also be expected.
• Participate in a Community of Product focussed colleagues as well as an external network to bring best practice and innovation to the Bank.
• Responsible for the definition of significant bank-wide transformation projects as well as smaller changes to features, capabilities and products that will generate value for customers and colleagues and ultimately impact the profitability of the Bank.
• Report product progress and value delivered.
• Product Roadmap feeds directly into other department budgets. Ensure effective communication, planning and dependency management are in line with expected outcomes.
• Partner with Engineering and Business Change stakeholders to deliver the roadmap and motivate a high performing development team.Why Vanquis?
Our colleagues are the most important part of delivering our purpose to put customers on a path to a better everyday life. If it wasn't for their amazing efforts, ideas and energy we wouldn't be the successful business that we are today. So we offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement - with one day accrued for each year of service (to max 30 days)
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
Find out more
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
- A range of initiatives offered through our Sports & Social and Social Impact Programmes
- Perks at Work - A perks platform offering over 30,000 unique discounts
- Free tea, coffee and fruit
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised on-site restaurants
Check out our social media channels find out more about everyday life at Vanquis - and don't forget to follow us while you're there!
LinkedIn: Vanquis Bank
Facebook: Vanquis Careers
Glassdoor: Vanquis Bank