We are looking for Design Engineers to join our expanding Warrington
engineering design team, delivering specialist design solutions for a wide range of infrastructure projects across the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and friendly team that is growing rapidly.
Although this role is based in Warrington
, we have flexibility around location and welcome applications from those in the Yorkshire
, West Midlands, Buckinghamshire, London, Surrey and the South West.
Richter is looking for enthusiastic and driven individuals with a desire to work on challenging infrastructure projects that will test your thinking and make the most of your skills.
As Design Engineer you will be responsible for producing exceptional design solutions to the highest industry standards, solve complex technical problems, plan and manage project budgets and maintain quality and service delivery standards. Responsibilities
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Work as part of the design team, seek supervision where necessary and be prepared to lead the work of other team members as required.
- Set an example of company values. Value your team, our clients and what we produce (our designs).
- Ensure all your design output is in accordance with company procedures.
- Effectively communicate technical design matters to other engineers and technicians in the design team.
- Execute designs of a moderate level of complexity involving various design disciplines ensuring your work meets the requirements of CDM 2015.
- Accurately interpret briefing information, select and apply appropriate design codes, standards and design software and effectively use them for designs.
- Acquire experience of the attributes of a professional engineer and record evidence of achievement.
- Seek technical support and guidance of more experienced team members where required, apply your knowledge and experience for the guidance of others.
- Lead site inspections and surveys. Effectively contribute in technical correspondence and meetings with 3rd parties.
- Ensure your work meets the commercial requirements of project.
- Ensure your work and the work of those under your supervision is carried out efficiently and effectively.
- BEng, BSc (Hons) or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated progression towards Incorporated or Chartered status
- Minimum 2 years of relevant post graduate experience of consultancy-based design
- Good level of knowledge and understanding of Civil Engineering design and practice, particularly Temporary Works.
- Experience of working on construction projects and application of construction techniques
- Experience in the application of British and European codes for ultimate limit state and permissible stress deign. Particularly BS 5975:2019.
- Knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation particularly CDM 2015
- Good verbal and written English
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in engineering principles
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive team player
- Good communication skills and ability to express ideas
- Well organised and hold the ability to prioritise work with an effective problem-solving outlook
At Richter, we pride ourselves on attracting and retaining the brightest and best, fuelled by a professional environment built on achievement, creativity and career satisfaction.
We find innovative solutions to modern problems. We do what we say we're going to do - and we make a positive impact on our world through constant learning, innovative thinking, and passion for the work. We ensure that we offer personal development to all within our organisation which allows you to progress your career and offer the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field, who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Along with offering a competitive salary, you will become part of a collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment. We welcome and encourage any aspiring engineer who shares our fascination with construction, design and a wonder for how things work, and who looks at the world with curiosity and vision. Our Business
Richter was founded to execute projects as efficiently as possible, to the maximum ethical standard. We deliver engineering works with a deep consideration for every conceivable aspect.
We're continually developing ourselves - as engineers, as a company, and as individuals - to construct in a way that protects natural resources, and create true harmony with the world around us. We're here to inspire our peers in the industry to be bolder and think bigger - and support younger generations to pursue a career in engineering.
Richter is an engineering design consultancy specialising in temporary works design and construction sequences. Our team of civil, structural and geotechnical engineers have a wealth of experience working on buildings, bridges, geotechnical, marine work, refurbishments, railways, infrastructure and demolition. There is no construction challenge we cannot accept.
We have an impressive portfolio of projects, and are known for taking on and delivering the complex projects that others cannot with a company culture that drives forward our success. We are a collaborative organisation that supports each other as individuals and as a firm to deliver the best possible solution to the project, thus maintaining our reputation for innovation and lateral thinking to ensure we provide the most economical and least wasteful solution to engineering schemes.
You cannot build the world without Richter - we build to improve the way we all live. We engineer value, together. Please apply with your CV
. To all recruitment agencies:
Richter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Richter is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.