Bark is the UK's largest & fastest growing services marketplace, helping people find the right professional for their project in over 1,500 unique categories. The business is already profitable with a proven model but has the feel of a start-up with a small team of just over 65 people and most of its work still to do.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age-old problem; how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting, early stage business - but with the financial security of a privately owned, revenue generating established company - so you get all the benefits of working in a start-up environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.
We recently celebrated 6th place in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 of fastest growing private tech companies in the UK. With a presence in eight countries globally and imminent plans for further expansion, you can join us at a genuinely exciting time on this journey.About the role
We're on the hunt for an adaptive, persuasive Copywriter who can craft clear and compelling copy for a wide range of touchpoints across our site and app, as well as our customer and professional communication channels. We are at a stage of exponential growth and if you're looking for a multifaceted and fast-paced opportunity then this is the role for you.
You'll fine-tune and be the gatekeeper of Bark's tone of voice, ensuring consistency of messaging across all areas of communication.
We'll need someone who can turn around a high volume of copy when needed, and who is comfortable writing intricate product emails, creative blog posts and everything in between.Responsibilities
Required skills and experience
- Write persuasive copy that informs, attracts and inspires new Bark users - for both the professional and customer side
- Support the Comms team in creating, editing and proofreading email, social and Product content across all communication channels and site/app touchpoints
- Research, develop and launch larger-scale copy projects
- Work closely with stakeholders across the wider business to support their objectives
- Work closely with the PR team to create engaging and shareable press releases
- Use SEO practices to maximise all written content's reach
- Oversee freelance copy support when needed
- Brainstorm ideas to support the content strategy
Some of our benefits
- At least 3 years experience (either in-house or with an agency) in creating copy for all channels
- Experience in product writing
- SEO/keyword research experience is desirable
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Comfortable with varying briefs, and large amounts of autonomy
- Ability to build strong relationships across varying teams in the business
- Ability to understand a wide range of briefs and transform these into creative concepts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment
- Share options in a rapidly growing company whose founders have a proven track record
- Flexible working policy
- Private health insurance
- Free off-site bark employee private gym
- Monthly socials and massive parties
- Fully stocked kitchen and weekly team lunches
- Be at the forefront of an industry with new and exciting problems to solve!