About MFC International
MFC International is part of the Respirex International group of companies. MFC International are a specialist manufacturer of inflatable rescue, recovery, survival and sewer maintenance equipment based in Tonypandy, South Wales. Our equipment is used by fire brigades, mountain and lowland rescue, utilities, the military and humanitarian support organisations internationally and we have earned an unrivalled reputation for our product quality, durability and performance.Job Title:
Quality InspectorReporting to:
Group Quality Manager Holiday:
21 DaysHours of Work:
40 hours per week, 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with half hour for lunchLocation:
Tonypandy, Wales, UKScope:
The role covers all activities at MFC International including testing and inspecting manufactured air systems and inflatable lifting equipment. Goods in inspection activities for production parts and materials. On occasions you may be asked to assist with production output to achieve targets.Main duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect bought in material and components to the latest specifications, visual quality standards and purchase order.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure correct documentation is received.
- Receive items into stock through Lakeview.
- Maintain the Goods In and Shelf Life logs.
- Arrange for material samples to be sent to the Lab at Redhill for testing (where required).
- Conduct inspection and testing of high pressure power mats and packer testing.
- Conduct inspection and testing of low pressure lifting bags.
- Conduct inspection and testing of water rescue products.
- Raise NCR's for non-conforming supplied product.
- Close NCR's by reviewing preventive action from the supplier.
- Inspect and test sub-assemblies and finished products to drawings.
- Complete works orders and inspection logs.
This document outlines the main duties and responsibilities. It is not intended to be an exhaustive job description.Experience
- HNC/HND in mechanical engineering.
- Experience of inspecting bought in items to PO's and drawings.
- Be able to demonstrate competence in reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Experience using manual measuring equipment - shadowgraphs, Verniers, Micrometres, thread gauge.
- Experience testing air fed products, reading manometers, flow meters and pressure gauges.
- Computer literate - experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of ISO9001 quality system is desirable.
- Systematic, factual and has an eye for detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Hands-on person.