Reporting to the Product Development Manager, and working closely with the Production Manager, Strathberry is seeking an organised, motivated and reliable Product Development & Production Assistant to join the team.
This role will offer exposure to the wide range of activities within the product development process, and be involved in supporting the full design process from initial prototype to final sample for market. It will suit someone with a strong attention to detail and administrative focus, who equally is very hands-on and willing to assist others to provide efficient support within a dynamic and fast-paced team.
Given the hands-on nature of this support role, the successful candidate will be required to operate from the Head Office in Edinburgh on a full-time basis.Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:Product Development
- Adhering to the company's product development calendar, tracking collection progress and solving issues in order to meet collection objectives and deadlines
- Organising and logging of master samples for leather, hardware and techniques
- Full management of product samples - tracking, unpacking, logging, labelling and storing all samples within an organised system
- Creating shipments to suppliers across the globe
- Continuously updating the collection overview, range plan and collection documents, and keeping other teams informed
- Assisting in set up of the seasonal showroom
- Handling daily tasks given to you by the Product Development Manager
- Measuring final samples for size and fit of digital accessories
- Preparing bill of material documents for samples and the main collection
- Organising sample sale stock
- Assisting in special projects and capsules
- Maintaining the design room office space, ensuring areas are kept tidy and samples are well-organised.
- Creating Techpacks and collating production comments
- Documenting and archiving samples
- Coordinating sample requests with the Photography schedule
- Coordinating Aftersales queries (repairs)
- Dealing with couriers and coordinating shipments
- Assisting with Purchase Order issues
- Assisting with the creation of Quality Control instructions
- Minimum of 1 year's experience working in a hands-on and busy administrative support role
- Experience of working within a production support role or for a luxury brand would be of interest, but is not essential.
- Strong organisational skills - able to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible, self-motivated and punctual
- Must be a good team player, with excellent communication skills
- Previous experience working within a luxury brand may be an advantage
- Experience using Zedonk and Adobe Illustrator is beneficial but not essential, and training can be provided
- Able to work full-time from Edinburgh Head Office.
Strathberry is an Edinburgh-based and internationally known brand founded in 2013. Specialising in luxury leather goods, Strathberry creations are handcrafted in Spain using only the finest quality Spanish leathers, and can take up to 20 hours to make. Known for its instantly recognisable bar closure and minimalist design aesthetic, Strathberry's elegant lines, exceptional attention to detail and celebrity endorsement have lead to a global following.