Android Developer (Junior/Mid/Senior roles available)
London HQ (have UK remote policy so can work 100% from home post covid)
Up to £75k plus excellent share offerings and benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading start ups. Rated independently as one of the top 10 best start ups in the UK, this is an excellent time to join a company who already have established a product that people love and are on proper hyper growth mode - looking to hire 80 new heads by the end of 2021. Working in the Fintech sector, they have created a product that is revolutionising the way people manage, invest and save their money.
This is what existing members of the Android team currently do
• Work closely with and support the Lead Android Developer working on the Android application.
• Help to create a reliable application that is simple and enjoyable for users. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from suggesting new features to releasing the application:
• Develop new features and maintain the Android application
• Lead development and take ownership for streams of work that enable customers to reach their goals.
• Mentor and support members of the Android team.
• Interact with the product manager and designers to refine ideas into fully specified user stories, that define how the user will interact with the application.
• Help to suggest new features for the application that will make the app experience better for users, and that will make the application more reliable.
• Break down stories into manageable chunks that allow features to be developed in an iterative manner that allow us to release regularly so we can gain feedback from our users.
• Estimate features so that we can get a reliable release date estimate for the rest of the company and users.
• Support the design of the architecture of the android application. Lead large scale improvements to the design of the application.
• Release the app when all the features for the release have been developed.
• Monitor the app post-release to ensure that it is working as expected.
This will suit you if:
• You are someone who is excited about making an application you would use personally that helps make managing money easier and better for customers.
• Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Interested in all areas of the business and enjoys hearing about what other team members are working on.
• Genuine interest in financial technology.
• Constantly looking to improve all areas that you can affect.
• Excited about learning and experiencing new ways of thinking.
What you'll need to be able to make an impact:
• Solid commercial experience in Android development.
• Exposure to all aspects of software development from gathering requirements to releasing with the ability to take ownership of these aspects.
• Highly proficient in Kotlin.
• Experience with common design patterns such as MVVM.
• Experience using common libraries such as RxJava2, Dagger, Retrofit etc.
• Knowledge of reactive programming using RxJava or Coroutines.
• Experience creating rich mobile interfaces.
• Extensive knowledge of the mobile landscape, architecture, trends and emerging technologies.