Elucidat is officially one of the UK's Best Workplaces - we ranked in the top 25 of small businesses and the best in Brighton in 2020. This is a great opportunity to join a passionate, smart and fun team. You'll be supporting us at an exciting stage of our growth.
We are looking for a talented and creative developer to join the Elucidat team. Are you driven by creating great code that makes users happy? Do you want great challenges, an exciting team to work with, opportunities to see your ideas come to life, and the flexibility of working remotely?
What we do
We're a SaaS business with a vision to help build more successful, more ethical businesses through people-centered training. Our platform helps big employers drive down the cost of business-critical training. We make elearning easy to produce - super fast. We work with some of the worlds most successful organizations, including Oxfam, Tesco and DECIEM.
We put people first. We know that life is about more than work, so we give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team, who live by our Learn, Care, Share values every dayRequirements
What you need
Nice to have...
- A track record delivering scalable web apps using PHP & JS (We use CodeIgniter & Lumen with React frontends).
- A strong understanding of the Agile methodology, particularly Scrum.
- A drive to deliver robust code through TDD/BDD. Version control is a must.
- Knowledge of database technologies (SQL & NoSQL) and knowing how best to use them.
- A good understanding of design patterns and methodologies like MVC & SOLID
- An understanding or experience within an e-learning context
- Background or experience within a startup would also be useful
- Other key technolgoies in our stack are AMQ, Redis & GraphQL
UK based, remote workerBenefits
- Our company values are 'Learn, Care, Share' which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance - opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, work from home, and childcare
- Central Brighton office, great location, handy for transport links
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunities to grow
- Dedicated learning time
- Happier weekdays - A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly 'donuts', monthly socials, and events. Free refreshments as well!
- Happier weeknights - We organise socials every month and bring together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner.
- Giving back - There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community.
- Everyone has a voice - We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company - a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make.