At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and in delivering fantastic experiences to our players. Our portfolio includes 'Forza Street' and 'Hot Wheels id,' with 'Assassin's Creed VR' and electrifying AAA console games currently in development and even more about to start! Together with 3 studios, 150 people, 8 projects (and our studio dogs!), we offer world-class projects with a unique studio culture to ensure our teams feel empowered and inspired
We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Programmer to join us in our Brighton studio!
This person will be crucial to the development of our studio, a leader of our technical efforts. This person will be a champion for the technical capabilities of our studio and will lead our development team to reach greater heights.A Lead Programmer at Electric Square:
- Leads code team, passing on experience and expertise and leads by example.
- Develops technical design specifications for complex projects and implements them.
- Designs develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code.
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
- Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Mentors and conducts regular one to ones with project engineering team.
- Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
- Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
- Able to communicate effectively with our clients and maintain strong relationships with them.
Please also let us know if you:
- Highly proficient in C++.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the video games industry.
- Knowledge of industry-standard development practices: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA and localisation teams.
- Worked on and shipped at least two recent AAA titles.
- Exposure to post-launch on-going product development and delivery.
- Continuous integration and build automation experience.
- Worked in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development.
- Experience with low-level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Understanding and experience of cloud server and network backend systems.
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether it's participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked at one of Brighton's or Leamington Spa's incredible eateries. The Studio knows that it's the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.