What you'll be doing
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be building and maintaining the services that make up the Arachnys Platform. This will be a mix of entirely new development, alongside extending and improving existing products that have a real impact on our customers' businesses; right now, the balance is in favour of new development.
As a senior engineer, while you'll be an individual contributor, you'll have an impact that extends beyond the code you write: creating, articulating, and simplifying designs, providing thoughtful code review (of substance, not style), and mentoring and supporting junior developers.
You'll own the quality of the work you ship: writing thorough tests, being mindful of the long-term impact of design decisions, and simplifying wherever possible.The Essentials You Will Need For This Role
The "Nice to Haves" that will help you in this role
- Mid-to-senior-level experience in Python, or some combination of experience and demonstrated ability that gives us confidence that you'll be making senior-level contributions in Python by the end of your on-boarding period.
- Experience building service-based systems (microservices, SOA, or anything in between: we aren't fashion-conscious) using HTTP and message passing
- Experience developing software to run on AWS (or a similar cloud platform)
- Experience with PostgreSQL (or a comparable RDBMS)
- Experience with ElasticSearch (or Solr, etc.)
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- £500 budget for home-office equipment (we have an excellent remote-first working setup).
- £2,000 training budget available to spend on books, courses or conferences once you've been with the company for a year.
- Employee wellbeing support - Free and completely confidential online therapy sessions and wellbeing resources available to all of our staff via Spill
- Bonus.ly - Our in-house micro-rewards scheme redeemable for haircuts, spotify memberships, games consoles and much more.
- Generous parental leave.
- A diverse and growing remote social culture that already includes gaming (board and video) and book club, as well as daily social calls and weekly coffee buddies.
- Career progression - Arachnys is a growth-stage company and there are plenty of opportunities to work across different parts of the stack and progress in your career.
- Amazing colleagues - everyone at Arachnys cares passionately about what they do and our teams are filled with friendly, smart and highly collaborative individuals.
We're proud to have a team made up of individuals from all over the world. We're passionate about diversity and inclusion, and we believe variety in age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender or sexual orientation enhances our work and our environment.We commit to champion an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging.