Crossover is the world's #1 source of remote full-time jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We're recruiting this role for our client, TelcoDR. Have you got what it takes?
This role reports to the TelcoDR EVP of Product and will drive the TelcoDR strategic product vision and roadmap and work with our Telco customers on their cloud transformation.
TelcoDR is building an end-to-end portfolio of Telco software solutions, with a vision to drive innovation and redevelop these solutions as Cloud Native fully leveraging new AWS technologies and services wherever possible.
These Cloud Native solutions will provide benefits to our customers such as lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) increased business agility and operational resilience and security.
The ideal candidate is a Telco Cloud expert with a minimum of 5 years of Telco software domain expertise in either OSS or BSS software coupled with at least 5 years of Cloud software development or migration experience, ideally on AWS.
The candidate's primary responsibilities will include building and communicating a killer 5 year Cloud Vision (both internally and externally), developing clear product roadmaps for each of TelcoDR solutions and for TelcoDR solutions as a suite, and working with Engineering and Operations team to ensure those plans materialize.What You Will Be Doing
This person does:
What You Won't Be Doing
- Convince customers that radical product change is coming and it is going to be great for them
- Create product vision that excites customers
- Understand that quarterly releases of minor features is not an acceptable roadmap
- Understand that legacy customer commitments must be changed and broken
- Replace broken commitments with a killer 5 year vision, so customers believe the changes are hugely positive.
- Convince installed base (CIOs) that cloud future is what they need.
- Be able to create integrated vision for all products, but only - once point products are great. And understand why the sequence is important.
- Understand that there is 1 version of the product, not lots of versions with lots of customizations.
- Understand that because we buy companies that have bad product management, they will have to drive a customer base of an existing product with multiple versions and lots of customizations to 1 version.
This person does not:
Basic RequirementsChief Technology Officer key responsibilities
- Believe their job is "talk to customers and get their wishlist. Then forward it to engineering with the word ASAP"
- Believe their job is "talk to customers and get commitments prior owners made. Then forward it to engineering with the words - these are overdue. When will they be done?"
- Believe their job is "talk to prospects and get their requirements for the deal. Then forward it to engineering with the word ASAP and HUGE REVENUE AT STAKE"
- Believe their job is project plans and feature/bug commitment tracking
- Make technical decisions
- 5+ years experience migrating software solution to AWS Public Cloud - prior implementations and a deep understanding of public Cloud.
- At least five years working in the telecommunications industry senior products and technology roles in either OSS or BSS Telco software.
- Experience in creating Product Vision and Roadmaps and executing on required software developments.
Do you want to build the telco industry's most innovative software company? This is an opportunity to drive transformative, industry leading change.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online "screening" assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- You will be paired up with one of our recruiting specialists who can answer questions you might have about the process, role, or company, and help you get to the final interview step.
If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as "Not Spam" since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-4515-GB-London-ChiefTechnolog.004