YouGov Chat (formerly Inconvo) is an exciting new chat platform for millions of people to engage and share their views about the things they love, from music and movies, to sport, politics and more.
We create interactive content for thousands of people to share their views, weigh-in on debates and keep up to date with the latest news and eventsJob Description
YouGov Chat runs as a cloud native platform. We embrace a DevOps mentality on our development process taking ownership over development and infrastructure changes.
As a Test Engineer at YouGov Chat you will be part of a wider technical team following the product roadmap using Agile software development methodologies:
QualificationsWe're looking for
- Working across the different teams helping to automate the test suite.
- Support the exploratory testing phase.
- Contributing to planning and reviewing product code.
- Mentoring the wider team on code quality and good practices.
- Formulating test scenarios and supporting product development.
Additional informationOur stack
- Experience and understanding of code testing methodologies.
- Experience with automation testing tools like Cypress or Selenium.
- Experience setting up testing infrastructure. Gitlab CI experience is a plus.
- Experience with QA tools and processes.
- Frameworks: Node.js, Vue.js, Cypress
- A bias for action with a strong work ethic and a focus on delivery.
- Sound judgment along with a desire to challenge traditional thinking.
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Databases: MySQL, Kinesis, DynamoDb, Elasticsearch
- Ops: Docker/ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, Cloudfront, Terraform