Senior front-end developer Reading, Berkshire Up to 50k
Build dynamic and interactive websites!
We are looking for a passionate Front-end developer to join a dynamic and growing digital team - to work with some of the world's leading brands.The Role
As a Frontend Developer, you will work as part of the in-house development team. You will take the designs provided by UX/design and craft these in to modern and efficient front-end code whilst remaining faithful to the design. You should be able to apply current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility and usability.
Your work as a front-end developer will require you to be passionate about working throughout many fast-paced and varied projects. About you
As a front-end developer, you will thrive working within a team. You will be comfortable with managing your own workload as well as contributing to the team as an adaptable, fast learner with attention to detail who loves to embrace new technology.
You will be looking to work in a dynamic environment and take pride in contributing to a team culture in which every member of the team is doing their best work and delivering high-quality.Essential Skills
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proficient with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system.
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and ways to deal with them.
- Experienced with both responsive and adaptive design.
- Building reusable code for future use.
- Translate UI/UX designs into efficient font-end code.
- Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Familiarity with Photoshop and other design tools.
- Good communication skills, happy to talk to clients during workshops and client demos.
- Team player with experience of working within an Agile delivery team.
- Working on front-end builds for CMS-driven websites, specifically Sitecore, Umbraco and Optimizely.
- Working experience with REACT and/or AngularJS
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.