At Watson-Marlow you are more than just a job title in a global organisation. We are one of the most successful engineering companies in our sector.Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is an award-winning, global engineering company and for over 60 years has manufactured components and systems for a range of industries. We have 1,600 employees and have a presence in over 60 countries.Do you want to help create the products and experiences of the future?
SUPPLY CHAIN COMMODITY BUYER- Redruth, Cornwall, UK basedAn exciting opportunity to our Supply Chain Department as a Supply Chain Commodity Buyer here at our Redruth site at Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group.
Your role will be to plan, organise and control purchased materials for Watson- Marlow, ensuring the correct components are supplied at the right time, in the most cost effective and economical way possible in alignment with our quality standards.
You will be Qualified to Foundation Diploma level 4 of the chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply or studying towards it. Possessing the ability to negotiate complex and significant purchasing agreements with suppliers.
You will balance security of supplier, in a cost effective manner showing vendor commitment and innovation to enhance our market share and profitability. Conducting regular analysis of supplier spend, and streamlining the supply base is essential to this role. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Ideally qualified to Foundation Diploma level 4 of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply or studying towards
· Extensive experience of product planning and procurement systems.
- Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology such as Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in establishing excellent relationships with suppliers.
- Extensive experience of negotiating complex and significant purchasing agreements with suppliers.
- Experienced and commercially astute to lead chosen commodities, securing the best possible agreement whilst protecting the commercial integrity of Watson Marlow.
- Excellent project management skills.
Applications should be made with a CV and covering letter to Sarah Bell at Sarah.Bell@wmftg.com
For more information about the position please contact Darren Harper - Darren.Harper@wmftg.comFlexibility to attend our Redruth or Falmouth, Cornwall UK sites is essential for meetings and training. * This role is based in Cornwall, UK and there is no relocation package as part of this role* WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK WITH WMFTG?
Our Core Values are very important to us and Watson-Marlow is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity within the workplace. We offer a range of staff benefits including accessible employee forums, comprehensive pension packages, flexible working arrangements and inclusive employment practices.
Please visit our website for further information and before applying to learn more about us and our products https://www.watson-marlow.com/gb-en/about/.Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021** Respectfully no agencies ***