About the opportunity...
We are currently recruiting for an IT Business Delivery Analyst to join our dynamic IT function based at our Customer Support Centre in Walsall. As an IT Business Delivery Analyst you will be working as part of the business facing team for IT, you will report into the PMO Manager and will engage and collaborate with stakeholders from across the organisation to define and deliver functional and non-functional requirements for critical technology-based solutions.
This role comes with the ability to study IS Business Analyst Level 4 qualification, through an apprenticeship.What you'll be doing...
As an IT Business Delivery Analyst , your duties will consist of:
What you'll need...
- Engaging with a wide range of business stakeholders to elicit and capture functional and non-functional requirements in the form of requirements documents and user stories through techniques such as interviews, workshops and observation
- Creating supporting artefacts such as process flows and data models to underpin requirements documentation and ensure that solutions are clearly specified.
- Leading discussions to clarify and confirm the priority of captured requirements on an ongoing basis, ensuring that the highest priority items are always being delivered
- Supporting testing activity for solutions in development by providing test scripts, leading testing activity through others and completing your own testing
- Producing and delivering material to train and educate stakeholders on how to operate and get value from solutions, including demos, user manuals and work instructions
- Acting as a point of contact for internal teams and third parties to provide clarification and support where necessary
What we can offer...
- A naturally collaborative attitude, with a desire to work in partnership with others to get solutions specified, tested and implemented
- A structured approach, with the confidence to apply this to ambiguous situations and scenarios and bring clarity for others
- A curious mind, with the ability to ask the right questions to the right people in the right way to get to the bottom of complex problems and challenges
- Experience of leading requirements activity in fast-paced, retail organisations (or similar industries/ environments) within Business Analyst roles using different methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst on initiatives involving hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Fluent in Spanish or Polish speaking - desirable
- This role comes with the ability to study IS Business Analyst Level 4 qualification, through an apprenticeship
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn bonus
- Long service awards
- Additional holiday purchase - (once a year window to apply)
- Life Assurance
- Company car
- Single cover private medical care
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK, Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women's, men's and kids' fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that's hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.ate Label of The Year.