Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Inspiring - we make the right choices
Involved - our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative - we always ask what's next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people's lives.
We're as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers' services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers - the service providers - we define people's needs today and in the future - and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We're proud of the role we play, improving people's lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we're going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide - this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.Job Description
Working in an integrated marketing team that will support Sales and Product Management to develop and deliver "go to market" messaging, campaigns and events in support of the Government & Housing, Safety and Health strategic plans.
This work will focus messaging and marketing campaigns to support our established products and business to retain our existing customers as well as driving NPS growth areas.
There will be a requirement to travel on occasion to NPS sites and to client sites.Key Responsibilities
To research and understand current drivers in Public Sector and specifically in NPS sectors and to use this information:
- To raise market awareness of NPS and our solutions.
- To plan and implement campaigns across business areas and to gather and collate leads and feedback
- To develop and drive targeted marketing campaigns for verticals both Salesdesk and Account Managers
- To identify key routes to market via industry conferences, professional groups, partners and channels.
- To work alongside colleagues in Product teams to support "go to market" strategies
- To understand the customer value proposition of the portfolio
- To contribute to major bids via digital engagement, tracking of customer engagement etc
- Agree and maintain key competitor list.
- Work with Product & Sales team to target research in competition, pricing trends, customer renewals.
- To monitor and analyse competitor activity by product line.
- To develop and manage communications plans including :
- The organisation of collateral production, events, direct mail, etc.
- Work with Product Managers on overall message and total offering
- Create case studies and reference sites
- Arrange customer events, conferences and user groups
- Manage website contact
- Other reasonable duties which the company requires carrying out.
- Identification of opportunities in the sectors.
- Market launch of products and services in the sectors.
- Management of marketing programmes targeted to the sectors.
- Understanding and experience of marketing software to a range of public sector stakeholders
- Understanding of the sectors
- Strong communication skills externally and internally - able to dialogue at Chief Exec level
- Commercially aware and cost conscious
- Problem solving and analytical
- Data driven decision making
- Flexible and self-motivated - able to work without supervision
- Outcomes and deadlines orientated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work with a variety of stakeholders and assimilate their views
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following benefits (please note these can vary depending on location/business)
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days (during enrolment period)
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.