Cuvva is making car insurance radically better.
We're creating truly flexible products that meet people's real needs. Using lightning-fast technology to unlock better experiences and fairer prices for our customers, Cuvva is building the future of insurance every day.
Cuvva was the first UK company to sell hourly insurance through an app. Since then we've sold over 3 million policies and supported over 500,000 customers. We're a world-class team of over 120 people, passionate about solving our customers' problems. Join us. The Cuvva team
We don't cut corners. We try to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
Being customer centric means everyone in every area of the business - including our CEO, Freddy- spends a few hours a month on customer support. This helps us fully understand our customers' needs and how the app works. Here's a blog post on our 'Cops Club'.
We'll speak up when we have an idea - but we know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we're comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things. It's the Cuvva way.
We're building a diverse team with different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. So we give everyone a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva.
If you need any adjustments or support when you're applying to Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know. About the role
You will be our first VP of Marketing which means that you will have ownership of the whole function. You will be working with Freddy, our founder, to build strategy and ensure it is aligned to the Cuvva mission of radically better insurance. As a member of the senior leadership team you will also be involved in helping set and execute company strategy.
You will be in charge of managing an ambitious team and have control over how many people we should hire in this space. You will also have the responsibility to work with the CEO to set marketing goals and KPIs, ensuring the team is aligned to truly drive our marketing strategy forward.On a day-to-day basis you'll be:
It's a bonus if you
- Developing and owning the high level marketing and customer growth strategy so we become a brand that is known and loved by millions.
- Developing and executing strategies to diversify our marketing mix and develop alternative marketing channels (with a special emphasis on ATL and organic channels)
- Building alignment to reach marketing objectives across the business by working with cross-functional teams (inc product and pricing) to deeply understand what drives great results, campaign success, customer insights, and ultimately, customer growth.
- Leading marketing teams across various functional areas toward a common goal of customer acquisition and lifecycle.
- Getting deeply involved in aspects of the hands-on marketing work and coaching junior members of the team with a keen focus on developing progression paths.
- You'll do great here if you:
- You have 15+ years of experience in marketing with deep experience having scaled in high-growth tech businesses with a strong track record of building and scaling high performance paid and viral marketing functions.
- You've had full ownership of marketing P&L and KPIs in your current and/or recent roles.
- You have a breadth of experience across the marketing spectrum, ideally with deeper knowledge on organic and referral marketing or other cost-efficient scalable channels.
- You have extensive experience in brand building and brand strategy and are able to balance managing short-term ROI objectives with longer-term awareness goals.
- You have extensive experience and the ability to attract, hire, retain, lead, develop and mentor a team.
- You live and breathe data, and you have the ability to articulate results and insights from marketing strategies to the wider business.
- You are highly organised and have strong attention to detail.
- Have worked at an app first company before.
- Have worked at a regulated business before.
- Worked in a financial services scale-up before
As well as a competitive salary and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- Professional development budget
- Health, WFH and wellbeing budget
- 33 days of holiday a year (including public holidays )
- Increases to all allowances year on year
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Brand new MacBook
- A day off to volunteer
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus coaches, giving you a safe space to talk about your mental health
- Salary sacrifice schemes for: electric bike hire & electric car lease!
- Hundreds of perks and discounts
- Lifeworks - Mental health tool & assistance programme
- Mates rates on your insurance
- Very flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the Cuvva team
- Monthly team socials (we've done things like Dabbers bingo, an online wine tasting, and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Season ticket loans