Application and Database ServicesCorporate Title:
Assistant Vice PresidentLocation:
Here in our Chester or Bromley site we are looking to recruit for a Messaging Engineer to join within our Application and Database Services space.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Designing, building and maintaining Messaging platforms for Kafka
- Communicate with our business colleagues to understand their requirements, and then help to interpret these into an infrastructure design
- Build the new infrastructure, liaise with our colleagues to help ensure the platform meets the requirements
- Work closely with new clients to on board them to messaging platforms, help application teams do performance testing
- Set up monitoring, troubleshooting environment issues on Linux and Windows environment, and manage access
The EMEA Messaging Operations Team is part of the wider Application & Database Services Organization that spans the globe. We have teams in all 3 regions, AMRS, EMEA and APAC, supporting the major Lines of Business within the bank. As part of the global organization, we design, build and operationally support IBM MQ, Kafka & TIBCO RV/EMS .
- Extensive experience with Apache Kafka
- Ideally experience with Confluent, but Cloudera and IBM Kafka Streams are also advantageous
- Excellent communication skillset (Written & Verbal)
- High level of Relationship Management
Bank of America
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks , a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here .
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. Job Band:
H5Shift:Hours Per Week:
35Weekly Schedule:Referral Bonus Amount: