If you're happiest in an agile environment, with complex projects to oversee, there's a digital revolution underway in the UK and at CGI you can help shape it. CGI's Central Government Team is looking for an experienced PMO Manager to join the team to lead our delivery assurance, risk and issue PMO service lines; as well as act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and single point of contact for one of the accounts. You will also become an active member of the PMO Leadership Team to help drive the team forwards and delivery service improvements. You will be joining a supportive and friendly PMO team of 15 members.
From public service systems to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people's lives, you can be sure we'll do the same for you.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? Be a successful part of our story and we'll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
This role will be predominantly remotely based, but we can consider candidates with a base office that is commutable into London.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead the PMO Delivery Assurance service line across multiple programmes this includes internal audits, tracking & managing defects, risk and issue process
• PMO Subject Matter Expert for one of the large programmes, ensuring the PMO provides the required support to the programme leadership team. Working with other PMO service lines to deliver the PMO service
• Leading a team of PMO analysts to deliver the PMO Delivery Assurance service line
• Understand the CGI Quality Management Frameworks and ensure project and programmes are delivered to the frameworks
• Ensuring that Project and Quality Management Plans (PQMP) are produced and maintained for the programmes and adhere to the CGI Quality Frameworks. Support project managers in the production for subsidiary Project and Quality Management Plans
• Setup and run a delivery step/project gate process all programmes to follow
• Ensure the Risk and Issue Management Plan is up to date and the process is followed across the programmes
• Support project managers and the management team in internal and external audits
• Setup an internal audit function for the sector to ensure projects are being delivered to the PQMPs and help drive up the quality of project delivery
• Be an active member of the PMO Leadership Team, contributing to plans to deliver continual service improvement
• Deputise for the Sector PMO Manager in times of absence
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal person for this role will have excellent PMO experience working on a large-scale complex Programme and the delivery and maintenance of the range of PMO outputs to provide tracking and visibility of performance against programme deliverables. You must have experience of doing and not just monitoring or implementing of processes. We are looking for a strong, proactive practical and action oriented PMO leadership in a fast moving programme·
You must have experience of working across multiple programmes, within a portfolio setting and the ability to work at pace in a rapidly changing environment
Your Microsoft Excel experience must be very strong and Delivery / Quality Assurance experience is essential.
Experience of working within a consultancy or systems integrator is highly desirable, as is experience of dealing with tricky stakeholders in either the insurance or financial services sector.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92680947