With 24 million customers across six countries, Sky is Europe's leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 32,000 employees help connect our customers to the very best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own local, original content.
Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, we plan to double our investment in original content by 2024. We're also developing a new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which is expected to lead to the creation of over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional £3 billion of production investment in UK creative sector in the first five years alone.
Our technology allows Sky customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want and connects millions of people to content they love. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
* Develop high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices.
* Help the team choose the best solutions and technologies for the task in hand.
* Be participating in the full software life-cycle, including support and continuous integration.
* Assist analysts and business partners in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
* Own, troubleshoot and resolve code defects
* Mentor and coach junior members of the team
* Extensive experience in the Spring Framework (Core, MVC, ORM, Annotations, Test etc.)
* Experience in developing lightweight REST services (JSON)
* Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
* Insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
* Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and Object/Relational mappings (Spring/Hibernate)
* Continuous Integration (Jenkins or similar)
* Experience with testing frameworks, both from a unit and integration perspective
* Hands on deployment experience with Docker and Kubernetes and/or similar technologies
* Good understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP(S) and concepts such as ETags and caching (app level and Akamai)
* Knowledge of gathering and analysing data using Splunk and/or Elk
* Knowledge of AWS an advantage
* Excellent communication skills
* Private pension
* Flexible working (hybrid model)
* Bonus scheme
* Dental Insurance
* Cycle to Work
* Holiday Buy
* Telephone call with Recruiters/Sourcers
* 45 mins call with Hiring Managers
* 90 mins Video Call with the senior team members, technical interview