Our client, a specialist mortgage lender, have an excellent opportunity for an IT Technician to join their busy IT Department. The role will be assisting, supporting, and maintaining the organisations IT systems and network. The IT Technician will be one of the key points of contact for internal business users and be responsible for maintaining the computer workstations and associated software.
Due to the nature of the role, this position will be office based. There is a requirement to travel to data centres and other off-site locations, therefore, the role holder must hold a UK driving licence and own transport.
Duties will include:
* Assist personnel with installation configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software.
* Covering a whole range of IT Support functions within the IT Department.
* Travel to Datacentres and off-site locations will be required.
* Offer daily operations and systems support to business end users.
* Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
* Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and by phone.
* Assist employees with computer problems and answer user queries.
* Conduct network back up operations.
The successful candidate will possess:
* Either previous IT experience/exposure or a newly qualified IT graduate/apprentice.
* A UK driving licence and own transport.
* Excellent customer service